1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Robert Horry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by poprocks, Jul 20, 2008.

1. poprocks

poprocks Member

RC Buford announced that Horry would not be coming back to the Spurs in a summer league announcement. Any chance the Rockets could find room for Big Shot Bob on our roster???

Horry said himself that he had a dissappointing season. First injured and couldn't play and then out of shape and not where he wanted to be or how he wanted to end his career. He thought he could get into much better shape and contribute and end his career on a high note.

So my question is, can we bring Big Shot Bob to Houston?

2. clos4life

clos4life Member

I love Horry and whatnot, but I say no. Roster is too crowded already, our cashflow is limited, Landry/Deke are not signed and ultimately, he is kinda of old. Even for old times sake I would say no.

3. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

Nope, this has been discussed in several threads already.

4. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

trade novak.. for like 2nd pick or somethin..

and give horry the spot. :)

5. poprocks

poprocks Member

I think I would take Horry over Novak and Head for defense alone. But his clutch shooting is invaluable too.

6. rocketsmetalspd

I wouldn't mind Horry. The guy brings goodluck(Karma) to teams when he is around, that being said there isn't a spot for him unless the Rockets make some trades for draft picks or 2 for 1 deals.

7. JD2010

JD2010 Member

Every year he gets past the 1st round.
    Definitely a guy who brings good luck, so I say yes, try to sign him.

8. HombreDeHierro

Something would have to give...either Tmac's streak, or his.

9. TwinTowers1986

Can Horry even still play? He can't even shoot anymore.

10. poprocks

poprocks Member

It would be somewhat of a gamble but if anyone can turn it around it's Bob Horry. Injury, yeah he can get over that. Out of game shape for remainder of the season, yeah he can also come back stronger than last season if he wants to.

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Possible backup plan if Landry doesn't work out? Morey always mentioned the value of a 4 that could spread the floor with his shooting.

12. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

What do you base that on, his whole mediocre career. If his name was not Horry, and we were talking about a different 38 year old coming off an injury season with horrible stats, who is out of shape, this thread would be dead. Signing doesn't make sense.

13. TwinTowers1986

If he can shoot again then it would be a good move for his clutch ability and leadership but I'm doubtful that he can regain his shooting touch at 38 years old.

14. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

why not juss cuz hes old doesnt mean u stop knowing how to shoot all u lose is athleticism

15. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

Oh, is that all? :rolleyes:

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

If we make a big trade that frees up a roster spot (unlikely), I wouldn't mind having Horry. Wouldn't expect much, though.

17. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

What's the point of signing him if we don't expect much?

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Veteran leadership. Do you expect much out of player no. 15 on the roster? If yes, explain what your understanding of "much" is.

19. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

We'll resign Deke for the leadership. As far as whats expected from no. 15, not much. But, I would rather it be a young player being groomed for our future than a way over the hill player. After this season, no BJax, Francis, and Deke means we are going to be real young. It is important, in my opinion, that we keep as much as we can for our future and get these guys playing time when possible. It may be D-league, or blow out games, but the more we play the young guys the better we can assess their potential/future with the team.

20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

It really all depends how much he wants it... heck look at mutumbo... he's still hungry for that ring and he can still certainly perform. Horry already has his rings but I have a feeling he'd love to bring one more home to houston. If anything we could definitely use his veteran leadership. There is something definitely lacking in Houston and that is some vet leadership that's been there already to show the youngen's what it takes to be on top. if we can get rid of a scrub like loren woods.. i'd take him just for that guidance which is definitely worth something.... if anything he would definitely be a good players coach.