1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sacramento is fed up with Cousins

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OlajuwonFan81, Dec 29, 2015.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

2 hamsters spinning the wheel. Thats all

1 person likes this.
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Stauskas? Stauskas?

3. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Well... Rockets cant be in any worst shape.

But doubtful Kings will agree to a Dwight + picks trade.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Last year, after we took on Josh Smith and saw him have a resurgence, I would have thought the Rockets had the culture and leadership to take on Cousins. Somehow all of that changed.

Teams like San Antonio, Golden State, Miami with Pat Riley and possibly even Detroit with Stan Van Gundy would know what to do with Cousins. Add him to the Rockets right now and it would be an outright disaster. And I love Cousins talent.

5. Newlin

Newlin Member

I think I would agree with that. As much as people around here disliked McHale, I think he would have been the one to coach Cousins.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

As Lee Corso would say, not so fast.

Pop and Cousins would not mix because Pop demands absolute obedience and he doesn't put up with nonsense. When guys don't conform, they get benched and leave. Only certain kinds of players can play for Pop.

Cousins would ruin what the Warriors have going, which is a culture of complete unselfishness on both ends of the floor. His outbursts are about as selfish as it gets. Human nature doesn't magically change.

SVG doesn't play either. Cousins would get sick of SVG's lectures very quickly. Remember the "Dwightmare"?

Riles is along the same lines as Pop. He's a Dictator-In-Chief who has never lost a war of wills in his life.

IMO, Cousins needs to leave the Kings and go to a solid organization that will cater to him. That might not even work. He may need to mess up one or two more times before wising up.

7. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

Good read. Very true. It's also not Cousins fault he was drafted to an unstable team. When the team chose to cater to him he found out who is boss. Then the one coach he liked gets fired, lol. How does that work? More unstable emotions.

Here you have a player who refuses to play defense. When those guys start lay up practices into Cousins, how will he react? It isn't bad to have an emotional player, but there is passionate and there is stupid.

8. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Word is kings fans want cousins to 76ers for Okafor and picks or Vuc+Herzonja+Fournier.

Howard+Jones+Lawson+Dekker/picks for Cousins+Collison+Bellinelli.

Lawson did become a borderline allstar under Karl.

Plus Cousins and kings divorce is impending. And for the past 7 games Howard has been averaging 17/12 as second fiddle. Howard as the main scorer will easily get 20/10 range.

Don't get me wrong I love howard and harden combo if it had lived up to it's full potential.. sigh.

sorry about the grammatical errors.

9. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

First... we need a real coach (not another puppet), then yes, go for one or two trades (Cousins, Whiteside, etc).