1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Greatest Live Rock Performances

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, May 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Greatest live ROCK performance :cool: :

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IizX3TfqKWM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Hmm

Hmm Member

I just have to include this performance in this thread... from a contemporary band, in the new millennium...

No pyrotechnics, no "artistic" fashion infused presentation, no jumbotron, no window-dressing whatsoever... Just a powerful musical performance, where the musicians and their music carry the show well beyond their humble stage and bar-like surroundings...

That's right, folks... it can still be done...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ah2550cvsUQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

I always loved the Jesus Lizard live.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xaD8VqzrnpA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DQVKfnkrmzw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. BinBinRingRing

This one is epic.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/2cIxMEcXhyE?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/2cIxMEcXhyE?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

6. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I wouldagree with the who's 9-11 show and Queen at Live Aid- I would add this, too- a lot of personal meaning, as Katrina affected Houston.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NZCQ3YK4nTg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Rush in Rio? Or, any hard rock act in Rio? ;)

Those crowds are insane.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-Jh6wnmRbvQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I saw them 3 or 4 days later at the Erwin Center in Austin. Such a great band live! Not every group is, or was, compared to their LP's. Some were better in person (a lot were better in person), like the Kinks, who blew the doors off at every venue I ever saw them at, and some were worse, like Crosby, Stills, and Nash, who were very hit and miss. Journey? They put out terrific LP's, and put on fantastic concerts. Such a great song. :)-

10. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/u2UhvN0k74w?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/u2UhvN0k74w?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

11. rimrocker

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/Tm4Y-nCj7Z0?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/Tm4Y-nCj7Z0?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

12. rimrocker

And classic Joe Ely. These guys tore it up and are still one of the best live acts I've ever seen (and I saw them a bunch).

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/uRes2CjH40w?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/uRes2CjH40w?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So have I. He's incredible. When he was younger, I thought for sure that he was going to be a huge star. Never quite happened. Anyone who's never seen him and his band (whoever he has now) needs to rectify the situation.

1 person likes this.