1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are the lower bowl crowds so bad? I will tell you.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Blurr#7, Feb 10, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

This is kind of a rant, I been meaning to post but had been busy, anyway A HFD buddy of mine have always been big Rockets fans and we usually try to go with about a group of 3-4 to games. Well he calls me to tell me he's gonna try to get tickets to the Cavs game(He gets a special discount). Unfortunatelly by the time he left the station the tickets were sold out. Oh well I'll just watch it at home I tought. Well on game day while at work another one of my boys aclls me and tells me he's got an extra ticket but we would be going with two "Vendors/costumers"(He's a sales rep). No biggie. I'm pumped so we go to the game and got great seats sec 116 row 20. We meet the guys and they're cool but not really Rockets fans we get our tickets go in and they dissapear, we went ahead and sat down, when they finally showed up(Halfway thru the second quarter) they sat there and talked bussiness and never payed attention to the game. No cheering or clapping or jumping out of their seat, nothing! About halfway thru the fourth they went home while My friend and I finished watching the game. So while people who are true fans usually can't get to the games for a variety of reasons bussiness men and white collar people get free tickets to a game that they in reality have no interest in. :rolleyes:

2. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

What's new?

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

You have a point, but also remember that we have a lot of stupid distractions for the fans. The Lexus Lounge, Jack Daniels Bar, the Sky Court (not really).

4. shady1

shady1 Contributing Member

seriously. we know this.

5. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

And they look at you like you are beneath them every time you yell out something

6. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

YES that too!! Like I was disrupting their meeting or something!!

7. zack15432

zack15432 Member

i fully agree that is sux that a lot of fans cant get tickets when they want them. Then just sitting at home watching and seeing that the bowl is like 2/3 full really "grinds my gears". but i say something while i was watching the sixers game i think but they have a service that you can call if you are not going to use your tickets and they will resell them for you to people who do want to go. thik it is a great idea and would like to see it happen in houston so i could go to more games. because i can not afford 300 a ticket which is all i can seem to find still avaliable.

8. bbjai

bbjai Member

at least you guys can go get tickets

there are none here in Sydney

9. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

But you have kangaroos, and isnt that whats really important?

10. bbjai

bbjai Member

not really they just laze around and not do much. Even Mike James is more active than them

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. UrMyStlkAl

UrMyStlkAl Member

You didn't miss out w/ the HFD discounted tickets. My gf and I got the $30 ones and they were in section 430 (top corner). Not good for $60 total IMO. Basically all the discount did was keep from paying the convience fee's and tax and crap.

13. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know if I can go "greatest post ever", but certainly "top ten" material.

14. Blue Brick

Blue Brick Member

But why does it look particularly bad in houston? surely every team sucks up to sponsors by dishing out those lower bowl freebies..

15. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

i was suprised by the crowd last night. The stadium was relatively full for just an ATL hawks game and they were pretty loud in the first quarter while the game was still relatively close.

16. wangzhizhi

wangzhizhi Member

Adobe Acrobat Professional.................................. :confused: ................................. :D

17. MaxwellsTemper

Can't really say much more beyond that... its always been that way.

18. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member

Only the club section is like this. The rest of the bowl (like the sections behind the baskets) are always full when I go to games and they're all good fans who care. Even before the Red Rowdies, loud fans would always be there since its the only place in the lower bowl not sold out to the season ticket holders. What people see on TV is the club section, but any other section in the TC on the weekend is completely full and most are loud.

19. superden

superden Contributing Member

It is like that everywhere...

20. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

Houston is especially bad