1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Videos] Clint Capela's four monster dunks in Toronto

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

I agree with you on Capela for the most part. If your alternative at backup center for next season is either Dorsey or DMo, I would be disappointed if Capela couldn't win the job at camp.

Will nitpick ;) and slightly disagree on Hakeem. He had no mid-range jump shot when he came into the league - he developed that over the first few years.

2. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I agree completely.

However, last year at the end of the season we saw Troy Daniels rolled out. He got some minutes over the last few games and produced. That earned him a ticket on the roster.

With our depletion in the front court currently, he stands to get more minutes. If he continues to earn the minutes, I could see him winning a spot on the 12 man. It's a potentially large impact for the last guy on the roster (potentially bust factor too).

3. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Capela will make the playoff roster if he plays well down this final stretch of games.

Dorsey will give you consistently good defense. But Capela can impact the game. Let's just hope this game gives Clint the confidence to realize he can dunk over anybody.

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Clint Capela when told Dwight &amp; Terrence said he will not get away with dunking like that in practice: &quot;I will try to dunk on them too&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/583299360236044288">April 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. thejav

thejav Member

I like it..heh heh heh..

6. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

7. dje243

dje243 Member

Dmo and Capela are the front court of the future. Capela has about 2 years to bulk up and work on his free throw shooting.

8. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Imagine if he did bulk up like Howard did... geeze.

Side Note: Capella the asset. Will definitely be a piece in a bigger deal potentially even though I love what he brings.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

No Dwight can be the asset if Capela develops

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Rookie Dwight was quite a bit bigger (wider and stronger) than the older rookie Capela. I don't think he'll get to be Dwight sized.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But still, that's OK. He doesn't need to get that big.

11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Maybe Clarence, but I doubt Dwight. Keeping them sharp at practice might be sufficient to keep him as the 12th man.

Got to like his confidence. Including insisting in coming over. The guy has the fire to succeed.

I just hope he doesn't injure Dwight or Jones at practice as they try to keep him from dunking.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

We were playing a pretty small front court.

Looks like he will have the chance to repeat the performance tonight.

He is intriguing.

I would like to see him battle with Aldridge for a bit.

13. i3artow i3aller

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>McHale praised Capela, but said: &quot;If we're playing Clint (Capela) meaningful playoff minutes, a lot of guys are hurt.&quot;</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/583393891677679617">April 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:(:rolleyes:

14. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

If everyone is healthy, we already have 4 big guys. There won't be enough minutes to go around for them. Last year we only played 3.

15. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I think it now almost certain that Capela will make the playoff roster. He did not seem to be intimidated by Cousins and kept battling.

Insurance if Dwight is in foul trouble or injured.

16. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clint has amazing tools but needs major work on positioning. He was out of position on a ton of defensive possessions. Love his potential though.

17. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Dream needs to work with him all summer.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If DMo starts playing tissue-soft again in the playoffs, I'd throw Clint in for some rebounding and defense with the occasional dunk thrown in.

Having said that...Capela at the free throw line in a playoff atmosphere is essentially a turnover.

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

There are only two Rocket paint protectors: one is proven in D12 and the other is Capela. D-Mo, Jones, Smith and Dorsey each have some defensive abilities, be it blocking shots, rebounds, d rotations, etc. None of them can guard or intimidate opposing players to at least make life difficult for those daring for a layup.

Capela stands out in that regard however limited experience he may have with us. He should be on the playoff roster, and if I was the coach I would make him the backup center now.

20. i3artow i3aller

Valid points by you both. I wasn't really expecting Capela to be logging serious minutes, and I do agree/believe that CC could have a positive impact in the playoffs given the right situation/match-up. I was more so nervous there was a chance he'd be left off the playoff roster altogether which worried me as 15's athleticism and defense could come in handy from time to time. Dorsey scares me way too much [​IMG][​IMG]