1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pick your poison

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sephkane, Apr 1, 2015.

1. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

ahhh yep. they'd have us

Rockets
    West Conf Split 28-17
    Pacific Split 6-6

Grizzlies
    West Conf Split 32-15
    Southwest Split 8-7

Clippers
    West Conf Split 30-15
    Pacific Split 9-4

2. TDRox

TDRox Member

If we played the Spurs, even though they've been playing great lately, I think the Rockets can beat them. The 1st round is when you want to play the Spurs if you had to pick a round to play them in. They get better with each round, with the first being their most vulnerable. Just look at last year. Dallas took them to 7 games, and then they crushed everyone after that.

3. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

I made the mistake if thinking Portland and the Clippers were in the same division, oops.

Anyway, I agree the 2 seed is our best option to go far in the post season. Our best chance is Dallas, them Memphis, then the Spurs and Cleveland in the finals. Putting my bias aside, and you can laugh at me if you wish, I can honestly see the Rockets beating all those teams.

4. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

We'd put someone else on him most of the time.

5. DreamEarlNolan

I learned the hard way last year to be careful what to wish for. When the Rockets drew Portland last year I thought it was almost guaranteed the Rockets make the second round, but we all know how that worked out. My main concern for the Rockets is to finish the regular season in the top four of the conference to get home court for at least the first round, and beyond that to hopefully be healthy and at full strength going into the playoffs.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't feel like HCA is that important unless both teams are great home teams and if it goes 7 games

We won in 2009 without HCA, We lost last year with HCA

I feel like it's better to come in as underdog and take a game off them in their homecourt to rattle them

7. Marteen

Marteen Member

On the one hand, it's scary on how good the Western Conference. On the other hand, it will make it that much sweeter if the Rockets somehow managed to get over this huge hump in the Western Conference.

8. hmc317

hmc317 Member

I dunno how some of you guys can say, you would want the spurs first round, and that we have a good chance of winning. If anything, i rather have portland, clips, mavs, grizz, or okc. Anything but GSW or the Spurs.

In the Pop/duncan era, the spurs have went to the playoffs 17 straight times.
    Of those 17 times, they have only been bounced in the first round three times!!!

99/00 - Duncan was hurt and didn't play.
    08/09 - Manu was hurt and didn't play.
    10/11 - The aging big three lost a bruising matchup against the Grizz.

After that last first round exit they drafted their future playoff MVP, Kawhi.

11/12 - Lost in the Conf. Finals.
    12/13 - Lost in the Finals.
    13/14 - Won in the Finals.

SO I SAY NO SPURS OR GSW IN THE FIRST ROUND PLEASE :eek:

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

dont be so sure Lillard will beat us this time....