1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Compaq radio antenna finally installed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Free Agent, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Long overdue...

From the Chron:

The Rockets say they have obtained a radio antenna at Compaq Center that will enable fans in the stands to listen to Gene Peterson and Jim Foley's radio call on KILT (610 AM).

2. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

I remember years and years ago, when I was at a game, people were in the stands listening just fine.

I never knew there was a problem. :confused:

3. 3 kids

3 kids Member

hmmm..... nice technical upgrade:) :) :)

4. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

yep..definitely cool

5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Too bad they installed it with like what, playing there last 15-20 games left at the Compaq Center? :rolleyes:

Hope it will be installed from Day one at the new stadium.

6. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Awesome! I've been listening for a while, but this will really help the reception. It seems that you don't have a problem getting the game in the upper deck above the basket, but on the bench side and its opposite, you get nothing but static. This is great! THANKS ROCKETS!!

7. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

I cannot believe it took this long to do this....unbelievable...i sent a couple emails about 5 years ago about this.....nice followup

8. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Nice to see that the Rockets are keeping up with the latest early 20th century technology...

I heard the new arena might even have those new fangled air conditioners to keep the spectators nice and comfortable...Next thing you know, the team might start FLYING to road games on that new Wright brothers contraption...

9. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

yup... for the longest time the antenna wasn't there... it bummed me out cause I would ALWAYS listen to Gene & Jim during the game... I took my radio I think like last year and I couldn't pick up diddly squat in the CC....

I am so glad the antenna is back! I will be listening tonight when I go the game!!

10. rockHEAD

OK... so who listens to the game in the Compaq Center??

How has your reception been??

I've got a small Sony Walkman AM/FM radio, either my radio is total crap or the antenna is total crap...

I'd really like to hear feedback from other listeners and find out how well their indoor reception is at the CC.

thanks

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

rockHead, it depends where you sit I guess. I usually sit in the nose bleed seats. Way up there. Last season they were the $13 seats and this year I think they are like $10 or something. I will be down in houston next week and I will attend the 3 home games. i am going to try the radio again. It worked fine for me in the upperdeck

I have one of those pocket TV's too, I am going to bring that to the game and see if I can get reception on it. I will bring it so i can have instant replays on calls that dont look correct, and to hear Bill and Calvin.

12. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

I only found it horrendous while exiting the Greenway Plaza parking deck.

13. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

I tried mine a few games ago. Before I could get absolutely NOTHING listening to 610...now I can hear it...only with a horrible high pitched buzz.

I guess that's better than nothing.

:confused:

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

WHats funny about all this, is that the 610 Station is in Greenway Plaza.

15. rockHEAD

I just plugged in my radio and I'm picking it up fine at home.
    Argh, why can't we get decent reception? Maybe they don't have the antenna up!? I'm going back on March 12th - I should email 610 before I go...

Uprising... I've sat way up $13 seats and down in $46.50 seats and still nothing... it shouldn't matter where we sit in the CC if the antenna is actually IN the CC...

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

yeah...perhaps i was lucky. I listened to 610 the last game i was at. I mean, there was a bit of a buzz...high pitched really, but it still came through