1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Kostas Papanikolaou Highlights (12 points, 4 threes) vs. Jazz

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

And both Ariza and K-Papa do more than Parsons EVER did as a Rocket...Ariza MUCH BETTER 3-Pt shooter and overall defender, while K-Papa is a willing passer and gets good shot opportunities for other teammates. Deadly combination in those 2 (I know it's just a 2-game sample, but I REALLY like what I see from both Ariza and K-Papa).

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My nickname for him is Papadeaux

4. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I was just wondering if this means the Niko Niko guy got season tickets again. Hope to see him sitting court side with the Greek flag.

5. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Guys, it's clearly got to be Paparizalau. Think.

1 person likes this.
  6. dje243

dje243 Member

I really liked the sequences where KPap and Ariza are on the floor together. Our small ball lineup improved dramatically.

7. Jimes

Jimes Member

It's kind of confusing because, from my understanding, the first syllable in his last name is pronounced "pop". But any nicknames in writing would say "pap" which just looks funny.

For example, "Pap-a-shot" is undone by its just looking funny. "Papa Nik" or "Big Papa" are my preferences.

8. Zbed

Zbed Member

I like how Papa fills the stat sheet. If he started he'd be a Triple double threat every night.

9. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I'm on the bandwagon. Even in preseason, his shot was clearly off, but he was making the right plays. He clearly understands how to play the game intelligently. I also thought he's a guy the Spurs have to be salivating over to bring into their offense one day. Nice to add another player with a high basketball IQ on the team - those guys are always useful in critical situations as long as your coach knows how to use them. Not sure if our coach does but we will see....

10. dje243

dje243 Member

Think about how much shooting we have on this roster...

Harden
    Ariza
    Terry
    KPap
    TDaniels
    Canaan

So much better than last year.

11. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Popandlockin is an awesome addition. His court awareness is off the chart. More than makes up of for his lack of athleticism.

12. Bo6

Bo6 Member

kostas has great hands. looks like is already embracing the opportunity of playing in the NBA.

this dude will be a player for some time. as other posters have mentioned, he doesn't rely on speed and is crafty as hell.

13. ilias

ilias Member

It's pronounced pap not pop. Same way you would say puppy.

14. TheGoldenGreek

Nothing makes me happier than seeing this guy be successful. I've been watching him for a while now and I'm thoroughly enjoying the rare opportunity to have two of my favorite things - Greek basketball and the Rockets - collide. Here's hoping he maintains this positive momentum!

15. daernoth

daernoth Member

I'm so glad that Morey kept negotiating with him until he was able to bring him over. I was very dissapointed when it seemed that he was going to stay in Europe this year.

16. Rokman

Rokman Member

What did Morey give up to get him again?

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Most of MLE, more money per year than expected to get short contract with unguaranteed year, 1.3 years of Patrick Patterson via Thomas Robinson

18. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Our Peja Stojakovic.

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Didn't we get a couple of picks in return though?

20. basketballholic

Hmmmmmmmmm. That's about right. Except better D. And hopefully as good a J as Peja had.