1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] Boardwalk Empire

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmoney1101, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

It was definitely a weird season. I mean, it's a 10 year leap with people in completely different phases of life. It was a family reunion season with a flashbacks into Nucky's childhood. To me, it was a decent wrap up chapter to the book of the main character's life.

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Man i'm so sad the show is gone. Even with the rushed season, it was still very well done. I wish HBO would have gave them another season or two to properly wrap up everything. Honestly, they could do spinoff seasons with so many Characters (Capone, Lucky/Meyer) and I would be glued to the screen. I also wanted to see more of Bugsy. Capone and Luciano will go down as some of my all time favorite tv characters. They couldn't had pick two better guys to play those roles.

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Agree, the casting was fantastic!

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I still haven't finished watching the finale. Got halfway through on Sunday night before falling asleep and woke up just in time for Nucky's fate. I really don't have much motivation to see the 30 or minutes of the show that led up to that.

Loved the show, but this last season wasn't anything to write home about.

5. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Nucky not helping Gillian out the mental house is what lead to his death but it is what it is.

Good finale and great show!

6. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i feel ya, because of the time gap it seemed to not fit in with the vision of he show we were watching, but i think the season wrapped up everything, you're not missing much if you never watch the 30 minutes you missed, but i think the show in itself will always be underappreciated

7. conquistador#11

his show brought the jimmy darmody haircut back to style
    everywhere I go now i see guys with it. i've had mine since season 3 =)

8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

By the time he got there (and he wasn't going to get her out anyways), it was already depressingly too late. Mental health care has a scary history (not just from this show).

9. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

^ Im sure if she as able to write a letter to Nucky that she also wrote to Tommy and told him the history. The reason Tommy didnt kill off Nucky in revenge earlier is because Gillian told him the only person who can save her was Nucky. Nucky refused an walked out on her so she gave Tommy the green light.

10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Maybe I'll re-watch it, but I think by the time Nucky visited,
    the doctor already cut her up to try to get the evil out...like she was already lost herself.

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Didn't watch a single episode of this season, will binge watch at some point. I really didn't love the 4th season and it culminated with the death of the one character I enjoyed. The show just got too depressing IMO. From the sounds of it, it only got more depressing this season.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yeah, thats what I was wondering. *spoiler* Did she already go cuckoo or was she putting on an act?

13. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I think before Nucky got there she was desperately trying to play by the rules and be a model citizen. Then she reached out to Nucky after the doctor gave her the "how can you be cured when I haven't cut you up yet?" speech. So I think by the end when Nucky got there, they had already lobotomized her or did something to mess her up bad like they did to everyone else there.

14. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I just finished the season and other than being depressing and seeing a Lot of great characters die... It was great!

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Rewatching this...my god was this a good show.

I have ranked my top shows many times...but Boardwalk Empire's depth of characters, cinematography and plot are #1 instead of #3. I know what's going to happen...but has me shook everytime.

Os Trigonum likes this.