1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teddy Bridgewater

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by The Real Shady, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I have no idea what your point was in posting that, it's all team stats.

I suppose you've given up defending the idea that Ryan Fitzpatrick is average, as the evidence to the contrary is just too overwhelming.

But I'm the one posting BS. Funny.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you don't know how to use the page, it's not my fault. Anyway school is out for the night.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Goodnight. Don't miss first period.

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Teddy B 26/42 62% 1td and another victory.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Teddy looked very good in the 4th quarter today.

6. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Teddy!!!!!

26/42 268 yards 1TD 0INT 88 Rating 71.8 QBR

My oh My Houston dropped the ball not trading up for this cat.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh dear god you have low standards. I know another QB who went up against that same exact team an managed to go 14/22 (63.6%) for 206 yards with 1 TD 0INT and a QB rating of 109.3 while averaging 9.36 yards per attempt (your buddy's was 6.4). I guess we really dropped the ball not getting that QB....oh wait we did.

Stop spinning mediocre performances against bad teams as if they are great.

8. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

He's 21 years old, lol... It was a good start. His team won. Seems like you are upset that my draft crush is playing well while yours is checking out instagram girls during games.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not upset, I'm laughing at you. Anyway, keep up the hype campaign, I'm sure it's leading somewhere....

10. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

No matter what is said, Bridgewater will do his thing for the Vikings and we are all witnesses.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I do agree to that. He'll do his Captain Checkdown routine and we're all witnesses. I know you're a fan, so for your sake I hope he fully reaches his potential of becoming Alex Smith 2.0 and you get to enjoy watching it week after week till he's replaced in a few years.

12. Remii

Remii Member

Either that are Teddy is lucky Houston didn't draft him. Norv Turner is a proven OC so going to Minnesota might have been the best thing for him.

Plus this is Houston and he would never have an HEB commercial.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

While folks can point to stats and say "I was right, he isn't good" it is clear from watching the games he is doing things during games that give the Minnesota fans optimism for next season.

In contrast, Houston fans can watch a mediocre at best QB do pretty much he has done throughout his career. After we are eliminated from the playoffs (perhaps coming out of the bye) we can possibly look forward to seeing Ryan Mallett or Tom Savage play, and its possible one or both may provide a spark of optimism, but it is also possible that they will look like TJ Yates and/or Case Keenum and we will be looking at 2015/6 for a new placeholder QB and drafting a midround or later developmental prospect. Or... overpay to get an impact rookie (Marriota or Winston).

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you're saying that all that matters is what the fans think about it? Having fans watch a mediocre at best QB that gives them optimism for next season is better than fans watching a mediocre at best QB and being upset by it?

Can you imagine how upset Texans fans would be if Fitz was playing as poorly as Bridgewater? Yikes, I don't even want to think about that.

15. NewRoxFan

Interesting article from ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/10494/teddy-bridgewater-again-on-target-when-it-matters-most

btw, the play he missed Cordarelle Patterson appears to have been as much (or more) the fault of Patterson, as the receiver slowed down slightly while the ball was in the air, apparently losing the pass in the sun.

16. Major

Major Member

If a 10 year vet playing with playing with one of the best RB's in football and two great WRs is playing like a rookie, Texans fans *should* be pissed. Bridgewater is a rookie who lost his RB to child abuse and has no notable receiving weapons. If Bridgewater is playing like this in a few years, that might be a concern, but I fail to see why anyone would be concerned at this point. He does lots of good things on the field along with a lot of bad ones - that's what rookies do. The goal is, over time, to reduce the amount of bad.

I know you're not terribly knowledgable about any of the topics you post about here, but rookie QBs are expected to be mediocre. The greatest QB in history threw 28 INTs in his rookie year and led his team to a 3-13 record. You'd have railed on how sucky a QB Peyton Manning was back then. Along with your recent opinions on Andrew Luck and Kirk Cousins, your track record on QB predictions is downright horrific.

17. NewRoxFan

*shrug* We know already that Texan fans are unhappy with Fitzpatrick's performance. What we don't know is what Bridgewater would have done with better offensive weapons (at least better WRs and a better RB). We also don't know if Texan fans would be more patient with a rookie QB that was statistically struggling but showing glimpse of better performance.

We do know we have a mediocre veteran QB and nothing to show from our first six picks. Replacing one or more with Bridgewater would have provided some source of optimism...

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, let's bring up Manning as an example of a poor rookie season.....he was only the 3rd leading passer in the NFL that year....

If you're going to accuse someone of ignorance, it's best if you know what you're talking about rather than bringing up an out of context interception total (how many pass attempts did Peyton have as a rookie?) and a win-loss record as if that's relevant to individual performance.

Teddy Bridgewater as of right now is a terrible QB, one of the absolute worst in the NFL. Is there a chance that one day he'll develop into an average QB? Maybe, but so far he's a lot more Geno Smith than Alex Smith.

19. newAge_Rockets

Hell, I would LOVE Alex Smith right now

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

SMH. You sound like a 12 year old girl.