1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Draft Pick Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Icehouse, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Since there is only 1 week left to go in the season I figure it's a good time to look at our draft position for the 2007 draft, especially since we play an opponent that sucks as much as we do. :)

Here is the draft order after todays game (The Dolphins still play tomorrow night):

1. Lions (2-13)
    .525 SOS
    Cowgirls (9-5)

2. Raiders (2-13)
    .542 SOS
    Jets (8-6)

3. Bucs (4-11)
    4-11 SOS
    Seahawks (8-7)

4. Browns (4-11)
    .545 SOS
    Texans (5-10)

5. Cards (5-10)
    .469 SOS
    Chargers (13-2)

6. Redskins (5-10)
    .516 SOS
    Giants (7-8)

7. Texans (5-10)
    .529 SOS
    Browns (4-11)

8. Vikings (6-9)
    .480 SOS
    Rams (7-8)

9. 49ers (6-9)
    .487 SOS
    Broncos (9-6)

10. Dolphins (6-8)
    .517 SOS
    Colts (11-4)

The first two picks are out of reach for sure. I don't see the Bucs or Cardinals winning, so I guess our best case is #5 (if we lose) and the worst case is #10? If the Browns pick ahead of us I assume that they would draft AP.

#1 Icehouse, Dec 24, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2006
  2. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

It really would have been nice for the cards to have pulled out one more game this year so we could have drafted the O lineman out of Washington. Oh well, guess just get the best defensive player available or trade down. And then a QB in 2nd.

3. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Troy Smith, FTW

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Now that the Texans can't get Peterson maybe Marshawn Lynch, a LT like Sam Baker, or DT Alan Brach, or CB Leon Hall. Too bad the Texans won today.

6. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

You can say bye bye to A.P. No way he gets passed the Bowns at #4.

7. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Well if we lose to the Browns then we would pick ahead of them I assume. We would have the same record and their SOS is currently better.

I don't see the Lions, Raiders, Bucs, Cards or Redskins taking a RB that early.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

If that is the case, then prepare for the ultimate tank job next week.

I don't even think Kubiak will let Carr wear a helmet onto the field next week..

9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

If Peterson is off the board by 7, I would like the Texans to take either Alan Branch or Leon Hall.

10. JamesC

JamesC Member

If Peterson isnt there I'd like to see them take LaRon Landry from LSU. C.C. Brown needs to be replaced in the worst way.

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i thought you said tank job? :)

12. Glish21

Glish21 Member

He is a stud, can cover and hit. I would love for the Texans to take him.

13. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

To "tank" means let Carr have the ball and no running game ;)

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

im talking about sending carr onto the field sans helmet and letting him get his brains beat in

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Is everyone here off the quarterback bandwagon? If Jamarcus Russell comes out, I think he'd be a great pick. Granted, the Texans have a ton of holes to fill, but that's who I'd like (don't know where he is projected, though....maybe trade down, pick up a starter or extra pick).

BTW, I think trading down in general is a good idea. The team seems to draft decently in rounds 2,3,4...trade down just a bit in the first round, pick up an extra slot in rounds 2 or 3.

16. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Remember that losing is contagious!!! You must expell that horrible trait. The only thing they really need a high draft pick for is Running back or a franchise left tackle. The Texans don't go after running backs in the 1st round. And Denver has done well without top level talent in the offensive line.

Johnson, Carr, Robinson, Ryans, Williams!!! Those are the guys you need high draft picks to get. New's flash they are on the team already!

Carr is everyones whipping boy. But, like it or not, he is the man under center righ now.

If the Texans pick anywhere between 5 and 10, they will get much needed help. But the franchsie players are in place. They just need reinforcement.

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I like Jamarcus Russell better then Brady Quinn, but he's still a high risk/high reward type pick. I don't know if I can stomach another busted 1st round QB.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Raiders end up taking Russell with their #1 pick. He's going to fly up the draft board after he dazzles the scouts with his arm cannon at the proday/combine.

18. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Some draft boards have him sneaking into the first/early second round. If that is the case then the Texans probably won't, but if he is there in the 3rd then hell yeah.

19. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Yeah I'd like to see us trade down a little and try to pick up a late 2nd rounder to grab Kolb with.

20. Jrazz

Jrazz Member

No quarterbacks this draft. Offensive line with the first rounder ( All pro caliber left tackle ), the best available the rest of the way. Outside linebacker, saftey,
    offensive line again, punter, running back.
    Build the foundations before worring about qb's and first round running backs.