1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Those of you wanting to get rid of Daryl Morey are DEAD WRONG!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, May 2, 2016.

1. Fantasma Negro

How many championships and playoff series victories has this resulted in? Ok, gtfoh with that bullshet

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I can invalidate regular season success when it almost never leads to any sort of playoff run. The last 19 seasons we've won 3 playoff series total. That's a horrific record.

3. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Like I said earlier in this thread. "If you ain't first then you're last." People have this mindset and don't care about anything else. They don't care that only one team can win a championship in the year or that only 9 teams have won the championship since 1984.

It's extremely hard to win a championship in the league. It's extremely hard to even be good in this league. People are foreal angry and upset when someone tries to put things in perspective and tell people that Morey hasn't been doing a terrible job.

I wish some of you self entitled fans would realize this. Always so angry and upset about things. I want the Rockets to win too but things happen. Rockets end up being great in 2008 or 2009 under the reign of Morey and we lose cus of injuries. Rockets make the WCF and we play against a 67 win team that goes on to win 73 games next season.

Like some people can't grasp the fact that there are better teams out there or that the Rockets lose to better teams regardless of injuries. What? Yall wanted the Rockets to win 56 games again this season so we can get to the second round and lose to the 67 win Spurs or 73 win Warriors? This season sucked. 41 wins blows. I expected better, but yall act like 41 wins is the norm and not the anomaly. Get real. Stop acting irrational. We have a good management. Winning a championship just solidifies it. I'm not giving up yet and I'm not upset yet. We have entire off season to go. Stop being so angry.

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

lol each of those teams has an NBA trophy since 2008. I don't give a damn about making the first round or barely missing it and i don't give a damn about last seasons fluke run.

5. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

What do suggest then? Hire a new gm and coach every 5 Years if we don't win a championship? Rick Carlisle hasn't won a playoff series since 2011. Should he get fired since 2011 was a fluke run? Yeah they won the championship in 2011 but it's obviously a fluke run. Yeah they went and won all those games in the regular season, won their playoff series, played great for that one season as a whole.

But obvious fluke run.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

41 wins is an anomaly? Are you sure about that? Let's take a look at the Rockets' record over the last 7 seasons which covers most of Morey's tenure:

2009-10: 42-40
    2010-11: 43-39
    2011-12: 34-32(prorated over 82 games, that's 42-40)
    2012-13: 45-37
    2013-14: 54-28
    2014-15: 56-26
    2015-16: 41-41

It sure looks to me like THIS season's record is the norm and the last 2 seasons were the anomaly. Obviously having Dwight close to his peak in 2014 and then MVP Harden and half a season of almost peak Dwight in 2015 boosted the records those 2 years, but otherwise, we've been hovering around .500 for 5 out of the last 7 seasons.

The reason Carlisle hasn't been fired is because A)dude coached the team to a freaking title and B)Cuban broke up that title team the following season and has been trying to atone for it ever since. He may be an arrogant a-hole, but he's not a backstabber. He's not about to throw a great coach under the bus for his own mistake.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Seriously, why not? 5 years is a credible amount of time for a GM to take his best shot at a championship. The way I think about Rockets history, Morey has had 3 campaigns now, and will start his 4th next season: McGrady & Yao, Waiting for Gadot, Harden & Howard, and now Harden & ???. He did each of those with about 4 seasons of effort (plus obviously repurposing some of the scrap he had left over from the last campaign). So 5 seasons seems like ample time for a GM to take his shot. And if he fails and gets canned, does it even matter? People think there's no one out left there qualified to GM an NBA team. I don't agree. I'd say there were tens of thousands of people.

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

[​IMG]