1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] - Harden brings significant scoring value

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pkothari1013, Oct 28, 2012.

1. pkothari1013

pkothari1013 Member

Statistical look by ESPN on what Harden brings to the Rockets scoring-wise. Didn't see it posted anywhere else. Enjoy!

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Playing alongside Durant and Westbrook helped his efficiency.

The question is, by how much? We will get to see this season.

3. King Boo

King Boo Member

Westbrook is a shot-chucker without a conscience. I think Lin/Harden will be a much more effective backcourt.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He also played a lot with the second unit, obviously. If you look at the stats in the column pkothari1013 has in the post just before yours, you'll see that there was a big positive impact on the Thunder when Harden was on the court, and arguably as big a negative impact when he left, both during the regular season and the playoffs. Harden is the real deal, a star player, last season's 6th Man of the Year, and now he's going to start. I'm having a hard time not jumping up and down in my chair over this news, man.

5. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

The biggest advantage of this trade is that we aren't going to have to see Kevin Martin run fast breaks.

I'm not sure how the half court offense is going to look with Harden and Lin (hoping McHale just decides to pick-n-roll teams to death), but fast breaks are going to be fun to watch.