1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Watt for Luck?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by apcgamb24, Oct 13, 2014.

?

Watt for Luck?

1. Yes

236 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. No

86 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

in 2012 Matt Stafford had 4,967 yards, 20 TDs and 4 rush TDs, and the lions got a 4-12 record.

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

threw 17 picks and when you throw for almost 5,000 yds and only 20 tds that's not a good season. As lousy as Fitz is he may give you 20 tds this season.

3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

The Texans forced two defensive turnovers, both inside their red zone - those count and it's why yards are a terrible way to measure effectiveness without any context.

I love the fact that my entire premise is built around expanding conext (ie the Colt offense is really, really, exceptionally good, which skews their defensive numbers because teams are consistently playing behind)... only to get lectured for not providing context for stats.

4. Hey Now!

The key is the QB has to have "as great a year as Watt did last year."

Brees is currently ranked 18th in QBR and tied for third-most INTs. In 2012, Stafford ranked 22nd in QBR and tied for third-most INTs - neither season falls into the pantheon of great seasons the way JJ's 2013 did.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

I'm sure Luck wouldn't mind Johnson as his WR and a dominant running game with Foster.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Stafford also had 17 interceptions, a rating under 80 and a completion percentage of under 60%.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Luck isn't perfect. He makes throws and has physical skills that are literally once in a generation. However, he does ocassionally force things.

Still I cannot imagine Luck with Foster, Nuk, and AJ........ assuming they don't all fumble in the clutch...... nah they wouldn't do that.

8. Hey Now!

Luck wouldn't trade Hilton for AJ, nor would he trade his OL or TEs for Houston's. Foster would be a huge upgrade, though.

9. Remii

Remii Member

But when it comes to the game against Pittsburgh _ you blame the turnovers on the offense. But the Washington game _ the defense forced the turnovers. But ok...

No sir... Luck is really really good. You switch Luck with Fitzpatrick (or any other mediocre QB at best) and that team is in a race for the #1 draft pick.

Indy's offensive line is only good because Luck is the QB...

10. Hey Now!

I blame the offense for making the defense's job harder, Remii. I have no idea what point you're trying to make, otherwise.

Luck is really, really good - but he has pieces around him: a very young OL that's getting better (it includes 2 1st rounds + a 2nd and 3rd rounder), an exceptional WR + two very good veteran WRs, and two very good TEs. And Bradshaw has upgraded their rushing attack.

11. Remii

Remii Member

The Colts O-Line was having trouble with Whitney... I believe Luck is just a big strong mobile quarterback and makes up for the deficiencies of the line... Just my opinion though.

Wayne is a good veteran receiver but an argument can be made that his success has more to do with the quarterbacks throwing him the ball than his actual ability (see year without Manning or Luck).

If you're referring to Nicks as a "very good" veteran receiver... Lolzzzzzz....!!!!

They only have one good TE and that's Allen (I think he'll be very good next year when he's completely healthy though).

TY is very talented but he's not a #1 receiver. Luck has tossed 19 TD passes and TY only has 1 of them. IMO, next year Donte Moncrief will be the #1 receiver on that team. He's a freak... Like a young AJ. When he gets up to speed _ Luck will have a field day with those two.

I'm not calling their offense trash _ but as I said, if Indy had Fitzpatrick or any other average QB on that team they would be in a race for the (or A) top draft pick. Fitzpatrick has good pieces around him here, but how much hope do you have...???

12. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

well, people called Eli Manning ELITE, when he had 23 TD 20 int, a rating under 80, and a completion pct of 56% but got lucky to get into the playoffs and win the superbowl. (mainly for the defense and one lucky catch).

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Anyone change their mind yet?

14. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

The Colts, today, would not trade Luck for our whole roster.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The roster outside of Watt is a huge negative

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

lol very true

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I'd trade Watt & Clowney for Luck.

18. Sanity2disChaos

19. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member