1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Block List

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by #1draftpik, Feb 6, 2005.

1. #1draftpik

#1draftpik Member

here's a brief list on who's on the trading block.......

http://www.detnews.com/2005/pistons/0502/06/C05-81136.htm

On the block

With more than a little help from my colleague Mark Montieth of the Indianapolis Star, here is quick list of players on the trade block as the Feb. 24 deadline approaches.

1. P.J. Brown, New Orleans: A quality big man still at 35, but he is owed $16 million over the next two seasons. Tough sell.

2. Nick Van Exel, Portland: At least five teams have been inquiring about him, and you have to believe Indiana is one of them. He makes $11.8 million this year, with a team option ($12.7 million) next year.

3. Dale Davis, Golden State: If you have $10 million in tradable assets, you can have him. He's on the last year of his deal.

4. Eddie Jones, Miami: The Heat have been trying to trade him for a couple of years. His $13.5 million could come off the books next season.

5. Toni Kukoc, Milwaukee: A perfect pickup for a late-season push. Hasn't played much all year and he only makes $3 million.

6. Donyell Marshall, Toronto: The Raptors are asking for a king's ransom in return for Marshall and Jalen Rose. But, as the deadline gets closer, his talent and his $5 million contract, on its final year, will become more attractive.

7. Gary Payton, Boston: He has made it clear he wants to move back to the West Coast, though league rules prohibit his return to the Lakers (which has been rumored). Boston isn't going anywhere, and they need to play Marcus Banks. So, they might as well use this chip while they can.

9. Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Portland: Elbow surgery has taken his name off the front burner, but he is expected back after the All-Star break. He is in the final year, making $14 million.

10. Glenn Robinson, Philadelphia: Just have a feeling somebody might take a flier on him (maybe even the Sixers). He's in the last year, making $12 million.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

11. Maurice Taylor

3. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

12. Mo Taylor

4. DanTanna

DanTanna Contributing Member

13. MoTay

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

14. MoT

sorry, couldn't help myself

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

15. Maurice Taylor

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

16. see above

8. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

According to some of our fellow members on this board, Yao Ming should be on the list too.

9. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Come on. This "Woe is Yao" schtick is getting almost as old as Willis25's "its all Sura's fault".

And not to mention, you busted up the running MoT gag. Grrr.

#9 m_cable, Feb 6, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  10. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Why wouldn't Miami want to keep Jones' contract? He is a major contributor and his contract would come off the books next year... for them too.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

because they're trying to contend for a title this year, and they feel like they need a better third scorer than eddie.

12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

the question is, who would yall want from the list above and for who? Its amazing that MoT is the last member from the 2000-01 season.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Poor Mo.

In giving away our depth in the T-Mac trade, we had to yield Cuttino Mobley, whose salary closely matches Juwan Howard's (i.e., why swap the two except as our price to get T-Mac).

So we get a player whose skills match Mo's. And neither fares well because the rotation is buggered.

Then Mo dares spout off to JVG and gets to ride the pine with "the flu," replaced by "pus-dripping hangnails", then "pinkeye," then....what does he have now? Besides the number of his realtor on speed-dial? "Yep, sell it. Do you know anybody in Portland who can hook me up?"

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I'd say Juwon has been faring well lately...and that just re-emphasizes the fact that we don't need Maurice Taylor on this team anymore...

15. RocketForever

We will still see the "Yao for Odom and Mihm" posts after the next bad game. I guarantee it. :)

16. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Well I guarantee that I won't. Because there's only one person on this board that ever suggests that trade, and I've got him on ignore. ;)

17. RocketForever

It is said that we are interested in Donyell Marshall. Is it true?

18. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

15-20. The artist formally known as Mo Taylor.

19. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I really dont care who we we trade for as long is it can help us get Stromile Swift this summer..

20. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Do you think Stromile Swift wants to defer to TMac and Yao, do the dirty work, get the tough rebounds, play a good game without the ball, and hit the wide open jumpers that Yao and TMac will inevitably afford him to have? Cause that's the ideal PF that we need.