1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Waller County: 'Illegal' Lane Change leads to Death

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Jul 17, 2015.

1. GlenDice

GlenDice Member

I know you're not being serious but that is absolutely true. I mean the guy who shot the two NYPD officers sitting inside their patrol car was a blacklivesmatter protester. Can't blame him, he was just the puppet of the puppet master. Cops are being treated unfairly right now and I got their backs.

Here's another *******. I hope they traced his IP address so justice can be served.

[​IMG]

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You think far too simply if you think that just because someone wears a uniform that they deserve to wear it. Some cops are heroes, some cops are actually criminals and dirty. Not saying this cop is, but your argument of.

Cop = Good is just plain naive and delusional.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yeah, you got their backs by posting bull**** on the internets you found on your Facebook feed. Shut up. Lol

4. GlenDice

GlenDice Member

I got a bumper sticker to show for it too. Helps me out in traffic stops ;)

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You can't be this naive.

The LE community is just like any other 'bro' community that espouses 'brotherhood' and camaraderie. Anyone who has ever been part of a frat, college sports team, pro sports team, military infantry unit, street gang etc. knows what I'm talking about.

All these communities shun 'buddy *****ers', 'blue falcons', 'snitches' etc. The LE community is no different. They protect their own(from prosecution) before they protect and serve the community.

#605 fchowd0311, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

And yet, that is not how criminals behave. They get nervous so they act suspicious. You would be amazed how many idiots do totally avoidable things that end up getting them searched while they are carrying a gun or drugs. Driving on expired tags, too much tint on front windows, stereo you can hear three blocks away, mouthing off to the cops that talk to them, fidgeting, etc. Basic common sense suggests that if someone is being questioned they would either shut up or lie, but morons still confess to cops (and not under interrogation tactics, they just blurt **** out). I am working on a case now where the cops searched a guys house and found a gun, then they came back later and searched again and he had brought in more guns and drugs. You must remember that fully half of the population is stupider than the average person, and street criminals as a group tend not to fall disproportionately into the top half of that bell curve.

7. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

This one officer disagree on this case.

http://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/opini...icer’s-perspective/ar-AAdE9cg?ocid=spartandhp

"Peaceful resolution isn’t just the right thing to do — it’s the very purpose of policing."

8. Remii

Remii Member

Police are not legally obligated to protect citizens... So they are not necessarily putting their lives on the line for citizens. Preventing crime is not their job.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In the video when he asks "are you done?" she goes on for a little bit but acknowledges that he has a job to do and that he should get it over. There is an uncomfortable pause and then he ask her to put out the cigarette. (as you seem to be stating not grounds for arrest) She is basically acknowledging that there is nothing more until he ask her to do so. It isn't one long continuous rant as you are portraying it.

Further I find it bizarre that you consider people being upset at an uncomfortable situation as being odd. I had one of my clients the other day had a longer rant when I told him that the city was putting more requirements on his project that would raise the costs and delay the project. Your argument is basically that normal human nature is suspicious.
    I don't know why the first stop went so smoothly and am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt about whether he was profiling Bland. That said the LEO clearly got irritated with Bland, that is understandable as it is an uncomfortable situation for him too. Your argument though is that Bland getting irritated at the officer is grounds for suspicious behavior justifying further action while the officer getting irritated is just normal. The difference is one is a professional who is supposed to not let his feelings affect his duty.

So if a building inspector tells someone that they are going to have to fine them because there door isn't 32" wide and they get upset at the inspector that is suspicious behavior. Your argument is basically saying that a normal human reaction to an uncomfortable situation is suspicious.
    Yes I would still question why the LEO felt he had to have her get out of the car if he hadn't expressed a suspicion. Note on the video he never states why she needs to get out of the car. Anyway as I have said I don't hold Bland blameless. What I find troubling though is that you and others are failing to see how the LEO acted of out irritation to.
    So anytime someone angrily disagrees with someone that is suspicious or is it just when someone get's angry at LE?

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You are correct
    However, some will not acknowledge it because it is happening to a Minority

Reminds me of an old Richard Pryor Joke
    they won't care or do anything about it until its and 'EPIDEMIC'
    Epidemic means it affects white people

Rocket River

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No it doesn't. Maybe it's you sucking their dicks in public that helps you out. Let me guess, "yes massa, I too dumb sometimes massa, please be kind massa."

**** that ****. I don't suck up to the garbage man. I protect and serve myself.

12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I agree most people are not that bright. I will even agree that Bland wasn't one of the brightest. The problem though is that your argument has much further implications than that. You are saying the only way to avoid suspicion is to be unfailing polite, lie to pacify, and submissive to LE. In other words we need to treat LE with kid gloves and frankly with fear otherwise they are justified in searching, arresting or worse to us. As I said earlier that is an attitude that is common in police states and the Third World. That shouldn't be the attitude we have in the US.

13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

This is the danger though of making this into an us versus them. I've said all along LE should be treated with respect that doesn't mean though that we shouldn't be critical of LE or hold them to a high standard.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Credit where it's due, this is one of the most grossly ignorant comments I've seen on this thread....given the high bar set by other posters, it's impressive that you managed to go above and beyond. Congratulations.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Again...... that is not often how it plays out.

16. GlenDice

GlenDice Member

Good for you. Living in America you have the right to do that(until the left take those rights away). Now remove the dial pad 9 and 1 from your phone.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

Jeesh, I thought my dog followed me around too much.

#617 REEKO_HTOWN, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  18. GlenDice

GlenDice Member

what kind of fantasy world do you live in. I suggest you to find a cop and have a talk with him or her. You'll find out that they're just like me and you.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, different people act differently. Some will try the kiss up route, some will be instantly confrontational when they have something to hide, some will resort to kid games that someone fooled them into thinking they would work....there's lots of different ways people react to an officer pulling them over when they have something to hide.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

It's not just a right, it's a responsibility. You have only yourself to blame if you can't protect yourself and your family. Police aren't going to prevent crime, they can only deter it by theater.

I don't have anymore respect for LEOs than I do for a politician. They aren't forced into working in Law enforcement, they chose it and frankly I'm tempted to become one myself with all my LE buddies talking up the benefits.