1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill O'Brien may select starting QB before training camp

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Testaverde had at least one good year with the Jets (after leaving Cleveland... I win the question!)

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

Ya need a little more time to think about it?

3. val_modus

val_modus Member

Ugh, proof HBO Hard Knocks paid them to make it one of the stories of their show. God dam liberal media, THE APACOLYPSE IS A CUMMIN!

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Why WOULDN'T a QB battle be decided in training camp?

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It could drag out till preseason, I think Russell Wilson won the start after a preseason game. But for hard knocks reasons, they would probably have to give a storyline like that some resolution.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

IF you can make a decision before camp, you can give your starter more reps in practice. But that's a pretty big IF with our current group.

I like the idea of guys competing and pushing each other to become better. But at some point, having your eventual starter splitting reps instead of taking the majority of them is going to hurt more than it helps, especially if it's Mallett or Savage (unlikely). I still think that the sooner somebody wins the job, the better.