1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T'Wolves offered #4 pick for Nicolas Batum

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Jun 22, 2010.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I actually believe the T'wolves would do this, but I find it hard to believe that the Blazers would turn it down.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Batum has incredible potential and the Blazers know it. His year-over-year improvement despite coming off the shoulder injury was incredible. After Brandon Roy, Batum is the 2nd most untouchable Blazer. I don't blame them for turning down this trade.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I think it's BS made up by the Blazers to build up Batum's value.

He's nothing special.

5. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Really over LMA? I don't see anything special about the kid. Aside from a high FG%, his stats are rather meh, and don't look a whole lot better compared to say, Budinger. He's definitely not better then Ariza from what I know of him, and I would accept an Ariza for #4 without any hesitation.

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If this part is true, what is the rest of the 'offer'??? :confused:

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Batum will be one of those "just wait until he gets some experience" guys until he is 29. Only then will people admit that he isn't special.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

If Portland did accept that trade who could they even pick at 4 that they really need?

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]

10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

How did he get screwed he turned Batum into Ron Artest(Greene for Artest) and Dorsey. Sure, Dorsey was a massive failure. Artest and Yao took the Rockets to the 2nd round of the playoffs for the 1st time in over a decade. They took the eventual 2 x NBA champions to 7 games. The Celtics are the only other team to take the Lakers to 7, since then.

11. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

He is going to be great. He had the injury last year but is still very young. Great length, well above average defender, good 3 point shooter. When he gets a little more confidence and starts to take it inside he's going to avg 15+ a game. I'm sure Morey would prefer him to Chase.

12. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

i believe they should have accepted the offer

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

He's still not worth the 4rth pick. Seriously, that's what the 4rth pick is worth? Batum?! And the Blazers think he's more untouchable than Oden, Fernandez and LMA? C'mon now!

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

If this is true DM didn't get screwed, Kahn is just dumber than I thought he was (and I thought he's already dumb). Batum still doesn't project as a lottery pick. So what if he has good length adn a 3 pt shot? Ariza does the same things, and he isn't worth a 4rth pick!

But if Pritch turned it down he's even dumber than Kahn.

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

No way that's true. I thought I heard Pritchard was leaving but still making decisions in this draft? That might explain this thread. He could be trying to screw them before he leaves.

16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Blazers are such an idiots.

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Really? I wouldn't doubt your knowledge or unique insight into this Portland team, but I have to admit I'm a bit surprised with how highly you seem to think of Batum. He looks solid but I just don't see enough skill to think of him as anything more than just a potential fantastic role player which is definitely worth less than the #4 pick of the draft.

Then again, somebody already mentioned the possibility of Portland just leaking this to up Batum's trade value -- very likely the case. In any event, if you rewinded me back to the year Ime Udoka played for Portland and fast-forwarded to Batum's season last year I could hardly tell the difference. Not exactly a perfect comparison, I realize. You get the point, though.

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i am sure it was like Batum and Aldridge

i really doubt it was just batum alone

chances are it was blazers management that leaked this trying to up batum's value their front office is in shambles right now and all.

just like the report of the wolves wanting a packing that includes #10 pick

19. raj87

raj87 Member

Batum brings back memories of a young Tracy McGrady.

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

They could use a better 3, or a new body for Oden.