1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Daredevil

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/h334vn103YM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Link

Marvel Finally Reveal Premiere Date For DAREDEVIL; First Teaser And Poster Unveiled

There has been a lot of speculation about when Daredevil will premiere on Netflix, with May 1st a date doing the rounds for quite some time (it seemed unlikely however as that is obviously the same day Avengers: Age of Ultron is being released in North America). Well, it has now been confirmed that the 13-part series will hit the online streaming service on April 10th. Also below are the first teaser poster and trailer -which contains no new footage unfortunately - for the series. Daredevil follows the journey of Matt Murdock, who was blinded as a young boy but imbued with extraordinary senses, now fighting against injustice by day as a lawyer, and by night as the super hero Daredevil in modern day Hell's Kitchen, New York City.

[​IMG]

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yay. Excited for this one, and the other Netflix series. (Still waiting for news on Iron Fist...)
    If it were in less capable hands, I probably wouldn't be as intrigued. House of Cards is one of the few "TV dramas" I can't get enough of, hopefully this will capture some of that magic.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Looks awesome.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XC7GPdBV9WQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

No love for DD?

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He's ok. I always preferred thetatomatis tbh.

6. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Lots of love for my fave Marvel Hero! This looks amazing! Saw Stick in there along with Kingpin but not Bullseye?

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

No Bullseye in this one, I think they wanted to avoid him for now due to the awful portrayal in the Affleck movie. Maybe next season!

Congratulations on being the most predictable response. (Other than your choice of BBS user)

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Thank you.

As for the trailer... looks OK. I'll give it a shot, as I do with most comic book shows/films. But I really don't know anything about Daredevil other than the Affleck movie.

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Never kept up with Daredevil to much in the comics, but I'm intrigued and of course will watch it.

Really want to see if they are going to crossover Luke Cage and Iron Fist for some Heroes for Hire action. I'm most psyched about those two.

10. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

The premier date is a lot closer than I was expecting, so I'm glad. Especially that time of year, there's only GoT and summer movies to look forward to.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I actually think Affleck did a good job in the movie, the issue was...everything else. It's usually like that.

Ryan Reynolds did a good job on Green Lantern also, unfortunately the script (apparently there was no script when they were doing casting etc), and everything else was ****tastic.

12. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

New trailer looks great:
    [youtube]jAy6NJ_D5vU[/youtube]

1 person likes this.
  13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Looks grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Looks phenominal. Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin is a coup; guy is an amazing actor.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Is the lead actor (DD) a good actor? I feel like a lot of interest on this show is going to rest on his acting chops.

16. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

He was in Boardwalk Empire as an Irish gangster and did a good job, though it wasn't close to a leading role. Reviewers got the first 5 episodes early and the reviews have been great over all so far.

I hear it's closer to an HBO show than to Agents of Shield or Agent Carter in violence and content

www.youtube.com/watch?v=deWnUVb7HMY

It's success could open the door for an equally or even more violent version of the Punisher.

17. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

[youtube]deWnUVb7HMY[/youtube]

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

If they made a Punisher series that's anything like the "Punisher: Dirty Laundry" short that came out a few years ago... oh, damn, that would be so sweet.

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Well they do have his rights, Daredevil is in the same storylines, and they now have access to Spiderman...sounds like a fun character to name drop in Daredevil or Civil War.

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I actually though Punisher War zone was pretty good...well, at least it was pretty hardcore.