1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

samuel delambert and other moves i want to see

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kevinpfoote, Mar 21, 2011.

1. kevinpfoote

kevinpfoote Member

id like to see delambert come to the rockets. he's got an incredible wingspan and great ability. he's a free agent this summer, and if he wants to win, he won't stay in sacramento. he's making somewhere around $13M and he's got to expect to make significantly less when signing another contract - so if he's taking a pay-cut, he might as well go somewhere he can win. the rockets will have room, and could use his defense. he's fun to watch and could easily become a fan favorite.

otherwise, i say (depending on how patterson does for the rest of the season), try to land a star small forward for some sort of a scola/twill/hill package. let carroll go, re-sign hayes for 5 years and pay him $3.5M to $4M a year. i think dragic is signed for 3 or 4 more years already, so thats good. im not sure what the best thing to do with yao is. common sense tells me to let him go... his career is over.

2. famicom

famicom Member

definitely not worth $13 million, but he is really tearin it up for me in fantasy! looks to be around mid-level money value

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

dalembert and the ice cream man, it's a milk commercial waiting to happen...

4. BigBull17

BigBull17 Member

Deandre Jordan. He is a bad dude and a perfect fit for us.

5. kevinpfoote

kevinpfoote Member

i agree that deandre jordan is pretty nasty. only thing is... we'd have to trade for him. he's a retricted free agent and the clips arent going to just let him go. if they do, it'll likely be through a sign-and-trade. dalembert, on the other hand, will be unrestricted, and regardless, the kings are spending too much money on their front court. cousins has the body to dominate at the 5, so re-signing dalembert would seem counterproductive with the kings needing to enhance their guard positions. this leaves dalembert free to go wherever he wants. basically, i'd rather have dalembert + whoever we can get at the 3 or 4 for our chips (scola, hill, twill), than deandre jordan. don't get me wrong, though, both would be good moves.

6. ashiin

ashiin Member

Nene Hilario

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I've never been that taken with Dalembert. He's great as a part time center, but isn't a guy you want to rely on at the position. Good shot blocker and rebounder, poor skills on offense, and struggles with one-on-one defense. I'd take him at 3 years and $6-7M per, but that's not likely.

8. kevinpfoote

kevinpfoote Member

nene would be nice. i think he's up for option this summer. i havent heard any rumors, but my gut feeling is that he'd be staying with denver, especially now that he's seeing more touches on offense since melo's departure. i think

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

To many uncertainties to really say what we can and can not afford this offseason but i'll play off two that make the most sense.

1) Hard Cap will come into effect using the LT as the new threshold.

2) Chuck Hayes will be back at around 4 million per.

There more moving parts but those two are somewhat givens for me. Now, if the rumors are legit about Zach Randolph being re-signed by Memphis the Marc Gasol becomes a VERY nice FAgent option. It might depend on who the coach is and what system they run. If it's the high post, the Marc would be IDEAL however if they move away from that DJordan and Sammy become somewhat better options. I wouldn't trust Jordan from the high post or even Sammy, neither pass the ball well at all and wouldn't mesh well with the offense.

I'd give Marc some serious cash, not MAX but something that might make it difficult for Memphis to match. NY has been the only other team I've heard would be in play for Gasol and they have serious money committed to their big 3 so the Rox can easily out bid them.

10. kevinpfoote

kevinpfoote Member

continued...

...i think they'd pay him the most. besides, i think no matter what we'd have to trade to get him, and in a trade i'd rather have deandre jordan than nene. he's younger, less expensive, and more explosive. but again, nene would be good!

11. kevinpfoote

kevinpfoote Member

this is a good point. of course, when it comes to dalembert, he's mainly useful for blocks, boards, and put-backs. he's like deke, but younger and with not as cool a voice. marc gasol is someone i didnt even think about, though. he's a good young option, but i dont think it'll be memphis we'll have to outbid. i think plenty other teams will try to snag him. who is better for now? dalembert. who would be better to have 3 years from now? probably marc gasol.

1 person likes this.
  12. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd probably take Sam at 6-7 mil/yr too as he brings what we need inside. But his inability to stay on the court due to foul trouble and the likelihood that it will take more $$$$ precludes us from being a player here.

Obviously Gasol would be a coup ...Again though I see this as unlikely with Memphis clearing room to keep him ....I see no reason why he won't be an all star for years to come....Who knows though? Perhaps we can push that # high enough for the Grizz to sweat it out.

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

...is the exact opposite of what we need.

We need a defensively-minded center not an offensively-minded power forward.

14. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Dalembert in a high post offense...

Marc Gasol would be perfect for our scheme though.

15. thething

thething Contributing Member

We need Hasheem Thabeet.

16. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Yeah Marc Gasol would be my #1 FA signee but he is a restricted free agent and I'm sure Memphis will retain him.

Chuck Hayes better get resigned. I hope we keep Adelman as well. These are the first two moves I want to see. This years free agency and draft will look very weak compared to last years drama. Dalembert would be nice but I wouldn't break the bank to get him.

We are set at PG
    We are set at SG
    We could improve at SF
    We are set at PF
    We could improve at C

If Morey is going to make a move I feel he is going to swing for the fences ala. Dwight Howard. Other than that I see us having a quiet off season. I'm not sure of any all star SF that are on the block either.

17. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

DeAndre Jordan is only restricted up to the MLE because he's a 2nd rounder. Anything above that and the Clippers don't have a right to match.

Offer him the MLE+$1

18. kevinpfoote

kevinpfoote Member

is there even a sliver of hope of getting superman this summer? that'd be nice. thing is, in order to land a superstar, we're going to have to give up some chips. and im not a scola hater, but he's the big name we'd probably be trading away. perhaps jordan hill, too. so if we want to improve at 2 or 3 positions, we're going to have to pick some free agents up - might as well be someone we can use. and yao's contract is going to be gone.

19. kevinpfoote

kevinpfoote Member

i like where your head is at, but i dont think we're the only team who is interested in him. i think you're going to be bidding against other teams, not just against the clippers.

20. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

scola for DeAndre, put him at Center with Pat at PF with Jordan and Thabeet off the bench as big men. Keep martin, bud, lee, Klow, and Dragic... Gives us youth and team to build on. Scola's knee is only going to get worse.