1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Orphan Black Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DFWRocket, Dec 30, 2014.

1. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Making a new thread in order to keep the seasons separate so that people who are catching up don't unintentionally read ahead.

Here is the trailer for Season Three - beginning on April 18, 2015 on BBCAmerica

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/svztOA5BLQ8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Love this show and loved the big reveal at the end of Season 2. Very excited.

3. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

New season begins tonight at 8pm on BBCAmerica - make sure to set your DVR since I'm assuming we'll all be watching the game.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What happened?

5. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I guess I'll spoiler this:

Mark the religious cult Prolethean is one of many male clones created by the military.

1 person likes this.
  6. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

I think the premier is actually playing on a bunch of other channels as well, IFC, AMC, Sundance, for those who don't have BBC.

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Running a marathon of seasons 1 and 2 on IFC and well worth watching because trying to start watching now without all of the background would be impossible.

Hell, keeping track of all the plot threads and characters for a regular watcher is difficult.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Just watched the premiere. In typical Orphan Black fashion, it was very fast paced, the plot was all over the place and made no sense half the time, Tatiana Maslany was killing it, and it was very fun.

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Entertaining season premiere. I need to get back up to speed with all the names and such because I kept having to stop and ask questions for a refresher. But it's looking like another good season so far

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I did not see it all . . . but I got it recorded

Rocket River

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Finally got around to watching it. Tatiana Maslany really is something else, playing a clone pretending to be another clone. Also the actress playing Kira is noticeably older.

I found myself lost a lot, had to refresh on a lot of the angles. Gonna take a few episodes to get my bearings, a lot going on.

12. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Yeah, Maslany is really good. As for Kira, kids change really quick between the ages of 4-8

13. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

How's the new season? I started watching the first episode but it seemed spastic.

I love this recreation by the mini-clone from the series:

[YouTube]o_bHQq13jvE[/YouTube]

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The season finale just aired. I thought this season was much better than season 2. Season 1 had the most suspense because we were being introduced into the world, but this was a great season, too.

The first half started off decently, trying to make sense of the Castor storyline and give it direction. To me, the season was slowly building up and really kicked off at episode 6. That's when it became clear about the major season villain and their motives. I thought the whole season really wrapped up well the whole discombobulated players and factions from season 2. Season 2 became all sorts of confusing and it was hard to remember who is on whose side, who was trustable, etc, but this season simplified it well.

Now, specifics on the finale.
    Awesome fight between Rudy and Helena, though I wish more time could've been spent wrapping up the Castor faction, but they had to introduce a tie-in to season 4.

Neolutionists are freaking creepy and I am so sad that Delphine got a bullet in her gut. Delphine was awesome as the head of Dyad and was certainly a great force on her own as a power player whose allegiance was still a bit questionable. Love Ferdinand and I hope we get more of him on Team Leda.

Some very hard hitting emotional parts between Sarah, Mrs. S, and Kendall and thinking about their relationship is funny - Sarah is Mrs. S's daughter but biological aunt and biological sister to Kendall but also granddaughter.

Very enjoyable season. So sad this show doesn't get more hype. One of the best sci-fi shows.

boomboom likes this.