1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

What are all the ESPN sportscenter -casters doing now?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Sep 24, 2002.

Tags:
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

Just out of curiosty I'm interested as to what they are all doing now...

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

hanging out with Martha Quinn and the rest of the old MTV vee-jays! :)

3. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I don't know, but how much you think they pull down per year?

4. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

In a Sports Illustrated profile on Chris Berman back in 1990, he had just signed a 5-yr, $3 million deal.

They're not all Berman and they don't all get Berman money, but this was back in 1990.

I would imagine the talent makes between $100,000 and $250,000 (not counting the Dan Patricks or Bermans), depending on experience. ESPN is like any other "hot" employer: it can afford to underpay because people are so eager to work there.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

I bet most of them come into the job making about 30 k or less tho'. Just a guess. It's proably a real nice jump in salary if they get the gig.

6. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

So when one of them gets offered a job do they spike their resume, do a little dance and yell "BOOYAH!!!!"???

7. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

I miss the Kilborn-Haber duo. Kilborn is doing OK, I suppose, but I will always think of him jokingly giving props to Gheorge Muresan, "Defense wins championships", "Feel Good Edition of SportsCenter" etc... haven't heard what Haber's doing in a while.

edit: thanks Google, you make it easy: http://cbs.sportsline.com/u/cbs/bhaber.html

8. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Dan Patrick, Kenny Mayne, and Rich Eisen are gang banging Linda Cohn back in the film room right now...pics to come!

9. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Brett Haber does sports for a station in New York now. I only know this because Letterman made fun of his "welcome-to-NY" billboard one night.

Edit: Oops, I should read the posts all the way through before responding.