1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Kobe play the Kings thursday for the scoring title?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sleepy Flloyd, Apr 25, 2012.

?

Will Kobe go for the scoring title?

1. yes, hes kobe

51 vote(s)
    73.9%
  2. no, he dont care bout scoring averages

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

It's not age, it's style. And a shooting big gives you more room to go for layup. Exactly what LeBron has for his entire career.

It's all about getting the team better, not personal stats better. Kobe does the former, LeBron does the latter.

And Kobe still gets more double than LeBron, because he works on the post for most of his points, while LeBron starts from the top of key.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Do you even watch Laker games? Do you know who Mychael Thompson (a huge Laker homer as he was a former Laker) is? Go listen to him on the radio while having the games on TV. See how he assesses the Laker play-by-play and Kobe's play in particular and come back and talk to me.

3. goodbug

LOL, do you watch games at all? Do you understand top of key is the meaningless position to double a guy with ball while all teams will double a star player like Kobe in the post when he backs down?

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Damn it, forgot my rule to avoid all Dish threads with Kobe or LeBron in the title because the same posters routinely turn them into sh-tfests every time instead of realizing that, even on the internet, there comes a point where you have to just freaking agree to disagree.

Sorry, carry on...

1 person likes this.
  5. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

He cares about the scoring title and he needs to win the championship this year. i dont know if he could have gone for 50 against SA. i think hes a little butthurt tho. Lebron said smthg similar when KD won before. i think it's ridiculous to brush off the scoring title. It isnt meaningless and MJ has a crapload of them even in the same year of his championships. Kobe is a great player but it kinda puts kobe to shame in comparison.

6. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I would say that the scoring title is meaningless meaningful (if that makes sense)... 11 scoring champions have won an NBA championship in the same year (Shaq X1, Jordan X6, Kareem X1, Mikan X2, Fulks X1), which are not great numbers considering that it's only 5 players. Although it does seem that scoring champs are in the playoffs most of the time. I do agree though that players certainly gun for the points title.

7. Shakee

Shakee Member

Of course Kobe is gonna go for the scoring title. Unfortunately he will have more shot attempts than actual points. Lol He will ignore Bynum and Gasol in the post as usual.

8. goodbug

I don't know if he could have gone for 50 against SA, but he certainly could
    have gone for more than 18 points, 7-12 shooting that night. In fact, three games in a row.
    He shot 20, 12, 26 times, with 26 shots coming off a double OT game. All lower than his season average (23 FG/38 min) when normalized with minutes.

This suspicion is ridiculous.

#28 goodbug, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Lakers coach Mike Brown says Kobe Bryant will not play tonight in Sacramento. Kevin Durant will win his 3rd straight scoring title.</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/195586322151387136" data-datetime="2012-04-26T18:53:07+00:00">April 26, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Awww!

way to concede

I wanted to see kobe go kobe and take 50 shots :(

11. red_alertz

red_alertz Member

it's cool bro, u can see kobe go kobe when he gets the ring

12. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Its possible! Lakers still have a deadly frontline

13. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

He's not gonna play tonight, they just said on sportscenter.