1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

"When" Rockets make the playoffs...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Franchise4Life, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Franchise4Life

Would you rather have them play the Spurs or the Mavs?

The games against the Mavs this year scare me to death....I think we might match up a little better with the Spurs if Yao brings his A game. Though i think the Spurs are the better team.....Dallas might be a tougher match up for us.

2. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

I'd rather play the Mavericks, Spurs look scary right now.

3. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Spurs. Because we simply match up better with them. We also stand a better chance of winning a game or two against. Winning or losing in the NBA has a lotto do with matchups. Our matches against the Mavs have not been close this year. I don't buy that playoffs "half-court" theory which states that since the Mavs have no semblance of half-court defence or offence, they will be a better matchup for us in the post season. I don't buy that.

There is also a remote chance of playing the Kings in the first round. That would work with me too. But in all, getting the experience and getting the monkey off our back (3-year playoffs drought) will just be fine with me. Everything will just be jara.

4. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Contributing Member

Both teams scare me...but if I had to choose, I would rather have us play San Antonio. Reason why? I couldnt stand seeing us lose to the Mavs in the first round. Losing to the Spurs would be okay because they have Tim Duncan, and I like the Big Fundamental.

5. montelwilliams

Mark Cuban would gloat after beating the Rockets. I prefer the Spurs.

6. TCDREAM

TCDREAM Member

I would rather play Sacremento , at least we split their series..

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No playoffs for this team...Phoenix will hold them off.

DD

8. Miguel

Les Alexander would gloat after beating the Mavericks. P prefer the Mavs.

Plus, there's a slight chance that I'd be able to get tickets from my aunt, she handles the visiting teams that stay at the Renaissance Hotel next to the Laptop. :D

I got tickets to the last Houston/Mavs game, I think she said she got them from Eduardo Najera. :)

My aunt is a Mavs fan now...heh, maybe I could con her into buying/getting me tickets to a game in Dallas too. :p

Ahh, time to stop dreaming, they probably have family and stuff to give tickets to once the playoffs start. :(

9. Toast

Toast Member

I'd rather play the Spurs. The last 3 meetings vs. Dallas were decided by the 1st quarter. We were, quite simply, outmatched & outplayed. We don't square off well at all vs. Dallas. Though the last time we played San Anton, it wasn't pretty either. Why can't Sacramento be the #1 seed, gosh darn it?!?

10. verse

verse Contributing Member

mavericks, hands down.

the playoffs are so much different than the regular season - especially insofar as the pace of the game. the full court run and gun crap gets cut down considerably into a half court game - which is the mavs weakness.

houston, in a half court game versus the spurs, would get slaughtered. however, against the mavs, motay and yao ming would have a field day inside. plus, it's very hard to win a 7 game series shooting long jumpers and 3 pointers all the time, while playing no interior defense.

dallas is so severely overrated...

11. Miguel

I knew I wasn't the only one that thought so. :)

12. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Wanna bet?

I say they will (with the last game against Denver to spare).