1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

playing ketchup....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by verse, May 19, 2000.

1. verse

verse Contributing Member

been away for a while, guys...busy, busy

have a question for you guys regarding shandon anderson.

let's say the rox don't get a top 3 pick and can't pull off a trade to move up past #9.

let's also say that the best position player is say, a small forward (which i think d. miles could play).

would you be happy moving shandon to the bench and starting cuttino in the backcourt along francis and miles (or rashard, if he were to come here)? more importantly, would shandon be happy coming off of the bench?

sorry if i'm a little late, guys...just playing ketchup.

------------------
    miles ahead of the rest

2. davo

davo Contributing Member

I'm not a 100% sure but I think one of the conditions of Anderson coming to Houston was to be a starter - considering that he has an option on the third year of his contract, I would think if we did something to piss him off (like take him out of the starting line up, he may just decide to leave).

As for my opinion - i say Shandon remains a starter. He brings a much more complete package to the game than Mobley, who to date has only been impressive as a streak shooter. If you look back over the season in general, if Shandon had a good offensive game, the Rockets usually won. I think a key for for the Rockets this season is ensuring Shandon has more good offensive games. However, the day will come when Mobley will want to start, and I don't know what we will do. Shandon can adequately fill the 3 spot now, because having Walt there in the first place means we don't lose much defensively. If and when we get a more solid 3, it may be a different story.

(This is another reason why I won't be devastated if we lose Mobley)

------------------
    http://rocketdavo.tripod.com

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I agree-
    Usually when Shandon has a good offensive game, his defensive game (which is always there anyway) is taht much better, and that is what keeps him in the starting lineup in my opinion. Can't underestimate defense!

------------------
    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I still take Anderson over Mobley to start at SG. However I would like to see a lineup of Cato, Miles, Anderson, Mobley, Francis. Small but fast.

------------------
    http://www.gaffordstudios.cjb.net/

5. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Miles won't be an NBA starter in his first year, unless he's on a team like Chicago.

See: Tracy McGrady, Kobe Bryant, Al Harrington, Jonathan Bender, Rashard Lewis, lone exception is KG, and it was on the T'Wolves

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!