1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Breaking News]Heinz Ketchup is changing packets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Landlord Landry, Feb 7, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Landlord Landry

Whataburger ripoff?

[​IMG]

http://www.heinz.com/our-company/pr...spx?ndmConfigId=1012072&newsId=20100204005923

PITTSBURGH--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Whether you’re a dipper, a squeezer, or a health-minded ketchup lover, Heinz is giving everyone more ways to enjoy America’s Favorite Ketchup. Today, Heinz announced three ketchup innovations in response to consumer demand: Heinz Dip & Squeeze™, with a breakthrough dual-function ketchup package for the foodservice industry that promises to make eating on-the-go more fun and convenient; a reduction in sodium across its base ketchup line to support consumers’ desire for lower-sodium products; and the launch of Simply Heinz™ Tomato Ketchup, made with sugar, for the retail market.

“For more than a century, product and packaging innovation based on a thorough understanding of what consumers want has been a critical part of the great success of Heinz Ketchup,” said William R. Johnson, H.J. Heinz Company Chairman, President and CEO. “Heinz Ketchup’s Dip & Squeeze product is just the latest milestone in our long history of packaging innovation. From the first plastic ketchup bottle to Top-Down™ and Fridge Door Fit™, Heinz continues to lead the industry in ketchup packaging innovation.”

To Dip or Squeeze?

A true packaging breakthrough, the Heinz Dip & Squeeze dual-function package gives ketchup lovers two ways to enjoy Heinz Ketchup: either peel back the lid for easy dipping, or tear off the tip to squeeze onto favorite foods. The new package holds three times as much Heinz Ketchup as the traditional packet.1

That means more ketchup when it’s wanted and where it’s wanted with less mess and a better overall dining experience. Now, busy Americans have a portable, clean and versatile package that makes it easier and more fun to dip or squeeze Heinz Ketchup no matter where they are.

“Americans love Heinz Ketchup, and now the Dip & Squeeze product makes it easier and more fun for them to enjoy it on-the-go,” said Dave Ciesinski, Vice President of Heinz Ketchup. “From dipping nuggets and fries to squeezing ketchup on hamburgers or eggs, the Heinz Dip & Squeeze product gives consumers more flexibility, so they can have fun and enjoy eating Heinz Ketchup on whatever and wherever they want.”

The new Heinz Dip & Squeeze product marks the first ketchup packet makeover for the foodservice industry in 42 years. In the past, on-the-go eaters have struggled to open multiple ketchup packets while worrying about making a mess.

2. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I hate ketchup without mustard but like mustard without ketchup. :confused: :confused:

3. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

How is it a ripoff from Whataburger? Other places have dunking "ketchup" too. This is different because you can squeeze from it.

4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

First Monopoly, and now this?!?!? :p

5. Landlord Landry

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! My life is ruined!

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Holy crap, I could look at this .gif all day.

1 person likes this.
  8. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

It only took 40 years to advance Ketchup Package Technology. Sounds about right.

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

On a related note, what is the difference between catsup and ketchup? I have this conversation every time I'm at a place that serves this and no one has ever been able to tell me what is the difference.

10. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Finally....

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't think there's any difference. I remember looking it up online once and found that both were possibly derived from some Chinese condiment that had a similar name. They took the Chinese spelling of their condiment and spelled it their own way. Some people spelled it "ketchup" and others "catsup". Both were were meant to sound like the original Chinese pronunciation.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This is amazing. The know people don't like high fructose corn syrup!

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding. This one and Orson Wells clapping. (can't find it!) :)

14. Asian Sensation

This is awesome news!!

I hate packets of ketchup and I'm always "OCD" level cautious to get the perfect rip on the packet so I can squeeze without the ketchup touching the packet. Those packets have gone through many nasty hands.

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:mad: What, is it going to be circular and have a little gnome attached that will open the packet for you?

;)

16. conquistador#11

catsup is like the metric system, only used by the less powerful nations. Ha, I sound like basso. :grin:

But yeah, in central america it's always catsup and it sounds nicer.

17. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

lol, excellent choice.

[​IMG]

18. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Has anybody seen these yet?

19. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I havent seen em yet...cant say ive looked tho.

20. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I prefer dipping my fries in mayo.

Hopefully Hellmann's can reverse engineer this revolutionary ketchup technology and rejigger it. IF THAT'S EVEN POSSIBLE.