1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Oooo someone learned a new word

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Whew.... so glad to know that the legendary Cadre of Back-slapping Liberals doesn't really exist! :rolleyes:

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

You've softened your stance significantly since the media whipped you and your folks into an outraged tizzy. I take this as a sign that you're not as confident that Zimmerman didn't act in self defense.

4. bigtexxx

Exactly. The hypocrisy coming from the usual gang is unbelievable.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I want to get one thing straight. Do you think liltexxx is serious, or makes any good points? Really?

Yes or No question.

6. bigtexxx

Are you kidding? Go back and re-read the first few pages of this thread. I completely nailed it. So many of you were duped by the biased media, but I stood firm in the face of being pelted with insults and slander -- I stood strong and stood my ground with the desire to see more facts, not caving to your verbal assaults.

We still don't have enough facts, but we've certainly got more than when so many of you jumped to conclusions based upon the biased media sources over a month ago.

7. giddyup

Yes. Yes. Yes.

The hallmark of a Cadre member in good standing is that they cannot fathom that, how or why anyone would disagree with their POV.

His "style" is a tad brutal for my taste but I don't dismiss what he says because of it. You only think he's that much worse because you happen to also disagree with him.

8. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

What's the magical threshold when you can use deadly force to resist unlawful force? I'm begging you to enlighten me.

And don't cheat by looking into the penal code.

9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Then you are not in touch with reality. Sorry. I'm fine with people disagreeing with me. I have discussions with people like that often.

But the fact that you believe liltexxx and all of his blatant hypocrisy is serious, and not troll oriented shows you to be gullible, and out of touch. I'm sorry about that.

10. Granville

Granville Member

While thumbing your nose at those willing to look past all the manipulation that went on early in this case, those that have mindset like you are already committing crimes in the name of TM and unjustly throwing the race card around.

And who cares if you think the discussion needs to continue or not.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You keep griping about the race card, but I don't think it really pertains to this case, and while I've seen a post or two mention it, most of the talk about it does indeed come from posts like this, that krosfyah already mentioned.

Nobody with a mind set like krosfya's has been committing crimes in the name of TM. Get real.

12. bigtexxx

quit hogging the bong, brah

I'm completely serious with my posts

It's a classic sign that you've lost when you either A) start hurling insults or B) start claiming the other side's position is completely unfathomable

13. giddyup

You know how Superman used to circle the globe at supersonic speed opposite the direction of rotation to turn back the clock?

In this case, one has to summon Superman to circle the globe at supersonic speed with the rotation of the Earth in order to go to the future, find out whether life or death awaits one in the particular struggle that one is involved in and then ask Superman to return things to order before taking your beating like a man if it isn't going to kill you or make proper use of deadly force in self-defense if it is going to kill you.

Very straight-forward.

Thank God for Superman!

14. Granville

Granville Member

Well put. Except I like his brutal style. The Cadre members are always seeking reassurance from each other oissing their pants when one of their buddies supports them by saying stupid in return to Big Texx.

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Or in your case your claims are unfathomable, and your own hypocrisy in this thread has been exposed time and time again.

Go waste someone else's time.

16. giddyup

It's so easy to be you on this board. You just demean and dismiss anyone or thing who "disagrees" with you. So you're fine with people disagreeing with you but because I do... about this... I am gullible and out-of-touch? See what I mean about easy?

What has bigtexx done that he warns NOT to do or NOT DONE that he warns to do.... that would be HYPOCRISY.

It's a word that gets thrown around her an awful lot....

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

No, you're wrong. I've had discussions with you where we've disagreed, and plenty of others as well.

liltexxx was shown to not have waited for facts in numerous cases, including his own bigoted threat toward attacking middle eastern men who would gather near a restroom on an airplane, not waiting for more facts in the beating of people mentioned in this thread, and the list goes on and on.

I understand hypocrisy, and it's been displayed by liltexxx time and time again.

However it's obvious that liltexxx isn't even serious in this thread and is trolling.

18. bigtexxx

lol I debunked that 7 or 8 years ago. That's all you still cling to? If that's the best you've got, you don't have much.

Your frustration is boiling over.

19. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

My stance was always very very firm and clear.

GZ should be arrested so we can let the our courts do their job.

I never once wavered. I am now content.

After our initial debate it became clear the issue at heart is how the weak FL will be interpreted. What does 'stand your ground' mean? The authors of the law have publicly stated it was NOT intended to cover this. Now the courts must decide.

I suspect that pursuing somebody, even passively pursuing them, does not warrant deadly force. What happened after the initial contact, I suspect, is mostly irrelevant because GZ had already interjected himself into what he thought was a dangerous situation ...while armed. For that reason alone, that casts serious doubt into the rest of GZ's case unless he can produce a solid evidence that he did not act in any aggressive manner that a reasonable person would agree with in that situation.

All that said, I don't know the intricacies of the 2nd degree charge vs manslaughter. Many experts have said that this case will be more difficult to prove so we'll see.

All this is my opinion.

Unless we hear some more compelling evidence such as a new witness, then this horse is fairly well dead and is frankly, pulverized into a mound of jelly.

This horse is pushing up daisies.

This is an ex-horse.

If he gets off scott clean cause the evidence isn't there then so be it. I'd then only hope FL lawmakers revisit the law so we don't waste taxpayers money defending poorly written laws.

20. giddyup

You always bring this "comment" from 10 years ago up.... as I recall he simply said IN THE IMMEDIATE AFTERMATH OF 9/11 that if he saw a group of middle-eastern men suspiciously huddled around an airline bathroom that he would "get involved."

Since you are so ready and willing to die rather than fight for your life, I can understand why you wouldn't DO that but do you realize, in my opinion, what a SERIOUS MINORITY you are in on that matter?

bigtexx just said what, in my opinion, MOST people are thinking and would actually do if confronted with that situation.

Regarding the people getting beat in this thread. Someone posted a link to a story from years ago which someone "victiized" themself by scrawling on their chest to a guy getting beat into unconsciousness with multiple wounds. I'm pretty sure the latter is impossible.

There was a credible backstory that might explain what happened to him (yet to be proven AFAIK) but much more plausible than someone doing it to hmself.