1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kendrick Perkins??

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by franson, May 15, 2003.

1. franson

franson Member

Can someone explain why Perkins has gone from sure fire lottery to not being drafted? I saw the kid 3 years ago at the State Tournament and he was as good if not better than Eddy Curry as as sophomore.

I saw very little of him in the McDonalds game, but he looks to have gotten bigger. The thing I remember about him most is that he had a really good jumper for a kidd that looks like Shaqs not so little brother.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

franson

2. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

3. tozai

tozai Member

When did you see Eddy Curry? Eddy was significantly better in HS. Perkins is a little more ready than Diop, I mean he shouldn't be leaving but this year's draft is weird. It was really weak and now I don't know with all the early entries and now even more Euros than last year being mentioned.

4. franson

franson Member

They had that whole series on Curry on Fox Sports during his senior year and I felt that Perkins had better skills, but was maybe not quite the athlete. Just my opinion based on 2 games in the state tournament and watching Curry on that show. Of course Curry had a great McDonalds game, but T.J. Ford was a big part of him doing what he did that night. If I was a GM with a late first round pick I take a flier on Perkins and make him a promise that we will take him so that he stays in the draft.

franson

5. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

Eddie Curry is alot better than Perkins. Perkins won't do much in the NBA.