1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What a Beautiful Day!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

WOW! My place of employment just let everybody take the rest of the day off because our network went down and most likely won't be back up until after 5:00 PM. It's a great day up here in Jonesboro, AR with a temperature of about 70 degrees so I think I'll clean up the house a little and then go fishing. YEAH!!!

Anybody else this lucky on a Friday afternon?

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

It's Good Friday, a lot of people are off. It's beautiful in H-town also.

3. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

Everyone was out at 3:00 pm.

Our company actually closes its offices at 3:00 pm every Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day. "Summer Hours" are really nice.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I was outdoors all day poolside hanging out with all the ladies. Such a nice day. Beer, sun, pool, and WINGS AND MORE to top it all off. AND an Astro win. Here's to a Rockets win to be the big finish!!!

5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yeah...I think the majority of people were off of work all day, so it sounds like you got the shaft! :D

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Not I, yet they're forcing me to take a freebie holiday next Friday. Rat bastards!

7. droxford

droxford Member

I got to spend the day cleaning the house... mowing, edging and weedeating the front and back yards, and cramming for a test.

fun

-- droxford

8. drapg

drapg Member

I was stuck at work until 6pm, my normal quitting time.

Ugh.

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I had to work until 8 and will have to work today, starting in about 45 minutes to whenever. I REFUSE to work tomorrow, but that only means probably working late Monday and Tuesday!

When you are working to get government contracts, you get screwed a lot in getting "days off", "holidays", "vacation" days, etc.

10. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was at work from 8-4, but my company was having its Employee Appreciation Day from 12-4 so I wouldn't really call that part of it work. Afterwards, I went down to Guitar Center and (due to my extraordinary skills, no doubt :rolleyes:) allowed a salesperson to pull down all the expensive basses so I could try them out. Guess how many I bought?

Then I went home and watched the Rockets. Now I've lost my voice. :(

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Played 18 at Bear Creek. Had lunch with roomie and RM95's Girl. Did some work. Watched the Astros beat the Brewers. Watched the Masters. Watched the Rockets clinch a playoff birth.

If I hadn't have come down with some flu crap, yesterday would have been one of the best days in a long time! :D

12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

went to the river to booze and ogle at ladies in bikinis. and got some quality bbq. good day indeed.