1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hot Deal 13.3" Macbook Air for $750

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by axaznshortyxa, Aug 11, 2014.

1. axaznshortyxa

axaznshortyxa Member

Thought this might be an appealing deal for anyone trying to take advantage of the college student discounts coming around the corner. Cheapest price I've seen thus far and I have an .edu student discount coupon for someone.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7124768-app...x900-led-750-free-shipping-edu-email-required

Apple 13.3" MacBook Air: Core i5, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 13.3" 1440x900 LED $750 Free Shipping (.Edu Email Required)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-m...655b3488ac8202&id=1219076158205&skuId=2712009

2. axaznshortyxa

axaznshortyxa Member

Well, if anyone is interested in any of following the college discounts for Best Buy:

- Save an additional $150 on select Lenovo Yoga or HP laptops
    - Save an additional $100 on Macbooks or iMacs
    - Save an additional $50 on iPad Air/Mini
    - Save an additional $120 on Select Portable All-in-One Computers
    - Save an additional $150 on any Surface Pro 3
    - Save an additional $200 on Beats by Dre Beatbox Portable Speaker (this one makes me lol)
    - SAVE $45 on Epson XP-410 Printer
    - SAVE 50% on Insignia 6' HDMI Cable, Rocketfishâ„¢ Surge Protector, and Rocketfishâ„¢ MHL HDTV Smart Adapter
    - SAVE 20% on Countertop Microwaves
    - SAVE $120 on Toshiba 40L1400 40" Class LED (40" diag.) 1080p HDTV
    - SAVE 10% on Compact Refrigerators

3. Swag

Swag Member

750 for... Core i5, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 13.3" 1440x900 LED lol. i wouldnt rly say thats a good deal. u would b mostly paying for the brand

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Just a matter of time before one of you showed up

5. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lol jelly pc fan boy

6. axaznshortyxa

axaznshortyxa Member

To each their own. I personally don't have a Macbook but I would jump on this deal if I didn't purchase a new laptop just a few months ago. Just trying to help a CF brethren out.

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I jumped on the deal for my macbook air a couple months back, It runs beautifully. I used to bash macs, always looking at specs on laptops and thinking macs were POS. But honestly, my laptops would run a 3 year life span, and my friends macbook would run like 8 years. These things are hardware accelerated since macs are consistent unlike PCS where they have to run over a multitude of different specs.

I love my MBA 13". By far my favorite laptop I've owned. Granted I only ran with HP before this purchase, so yeah.

8. platypus

platypus Member

Same here, used to hate on macs until a friend sold me his MBP for a great price.

4 years later and this thing is still going strong, i've upgraded the specs too. I just can't buy a windows laptop until one comes out with a good trackpad. I'm not gonna shell out 1000 for a good spec machine but have the trackpad be ****.

9. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Why not just run parallels on your mac. That's what I do. Works like a dream.

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'd be all over that Mac if I hadn't bought a new PC laptop a few months ago. I got a Toshiba laptop with subpar specs because I was planning on getting a MacBook later this year. Well, plans change. Sucks too because this would've been perfect.

And if anyone's interested, definitely DON'T buy this TV. I bought one a few months back from Best Buy and out of the box it was a POS. Pic quality was subpar, which was expected with that price range, but it also wouldn't turn on after being powered off without unplugging it from the wall and plugging it back in. Finally, it froze up on the "Toshiba" splash screen that comes up when it's turned on and wouldn't do anything.

I put the damned thing back into the box and returned it to Best Buy the same day.

11. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Its funny how everyone bashing PC always gets "subpar" laptops and then are amazed at the quality and life span when they spend over grand on a Macbook.

12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Yeah, that is funny. Where'd you see that happen?

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

while this is true

most people who argue for PC use price as a factor

Even then, I would not trade my 2010 MBP for any PC laptop on the market today. I like OS X too much.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He might of saw an article in a newspaper he was using to insulate his gas line.

15. axaznshortyxa

axaznshortyxa Member

I'm in the same boat.. Toshiba laptop with mediocre specs and now I'm stuck with it. :(