1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Restaurant Hostess's

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by joeyyungrocks, May 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

Guys I am looking for some ideas to come up for my restaurants new hostess uniforms. Currently they are wearing qi pao (traditionally chinese dress). Its so hard to make it consistent, because some wear it short some wear it long, sleeves get cut off or some are long.

To me the chinese dresses are hokey i guess our customers like it.

I am looking to see if you any of you have any ideas for a good uniform for a hostess at a mid to upper class restaurant. Something that makes it look clean and professional. Our waiters wear all black right now with a red tie. So i wanted to make some different to distinguish the two.

I was thinking a nice white button up shirt a frilly neck tie thing and a black pencil skirt and some nice black flats.

I don't know what do you guys think.

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I agree. Making employees wear traditional Chinese dress at a steak house is a bit strange.

3. Dei

Dei Member

What type of restaurant?

4. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

Its a japanese/chinese restaurant with sushi, chinese food, and hibachi.

5. Dei

Dei Member

Oh. In that case, Japanese schoolgirl:

[​IMG]

6. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

You shouldn't make her wear anything. She should select her own clothing, and then you should give her a raise.

7. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Cleverly disguised threAD for your place of business.

You should host an unveiling of the new uniforms for your CF brethren if you really want our advice.

8. cod

cod Member

Do you source the uniforms or is it up to your employees?

IMO the worst trend found at asian restaurants is the white blouse with or without vest matched with black bottoms.

9. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

I think you should draw on the elements of a geisha.

Face paint, kimono's, fans, and tastefully wrapped sarongs. Remember, the geisha's were female entertainers, not prostitutes, so it's important they don't slut it up and modify the uniform. They should shuffle around with their feet tied as it is Chinese culture to prohibit feet from growing big (unattractive). Keep it authentic.

10. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

Well we set a standard for chinese dresses before and it has just been all over the place with the different kinds that they are wearing. I want to make it all the same from now on. I just want something nice and classy. We can source it for the employees its up to whatever they want to do.

I gave them the option between the 5 or 6 of them to choose what they wanted. None of them could agree on anything so I am just going to make the choice for them. Except I don't know what to choose.

11. Dei

Dei Member

Upload choices to imgur and post.

12. droxford

droxford Member

I actually like th elook of a qi pao (a.k.a. cheongsam)

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

You got Mexican cooks in the back.

14. VanityHalfBlack

I prefer my restaurant in a more traditional sense...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CosmJR68n_U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c0HlLqilGcM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8LGY68ppqVk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tpt8MQVCytM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4fLmdqBDQBk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tIw7nY9mMz0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Nook

Nook Member

Want to help business, especially at lunch, hire attractive hostesses with classy and clean, but TIGHT fitting skirts and blouses.. Suckers will pour in.

16. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

17. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

18. cod

cod Member

19. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

20. Nook

Nook Member

#2 is probably too slutty