1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NYC Cop complained about me walking across intersection...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There were about 5 police vans crossing an intersection across 3rd ave on the way towards the U.N. on 50th st. I was walking uptown on the east side of the st. The last van didn't make it all the way across because of traffic, and was blocking the crosswalk and not moving. I couldn't make out the crosswalk signal because the van was blocking the line of sight. So I crossed between two vans since they were stuck in traffic.

The cop rolled down his window and complained, "hey you! Can't you see it's a DO NOT WALK? you understand what that means?"

I yelled back, "Hey, you going to write yourself a ticket for blocking the box - that's two points a-hole"

He started to get out of the van - (he was the driver) but his colleagues pulled him back in.

What do you guys think? Other people around me started yelling names at the cops too, it really pissed people off.

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I will assume that you are not black.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Otherwise he'd have been shot and it would be a different thread.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I get mistaken for being black by some, but I am not sure that had anything to do with it. I am not claiming race was a factor.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly sounds like you both were assholes.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I wouldn't assume that in New York, especially since Obama President naa-aah.

7. cml750

cml750 Member

If you knew they were police vans why would you walk between them? I would wait until they were through the intersection out of respect even if I had to go back to the side of the intersection I started at.

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You don't see a walk sign, don't walk. That's your only accountability and the only hedge against an incident for which the driver would (legitimately) be fully criminally and civilly liable.

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

That's dumb and false. Officers are civil servants, they're accountable and deferential to us outside of matters of public safety and rule of law. The only pretext under which we display cordiality is in their capacity as fellow citizens and with regard for their physical well-being and peace of mind.

1 person likes this.
  10. cml750

cml750 Member

I was raised to always respect the police. I guess you were not. Truly sad!!!!

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It was God's will that he walk. For a devout Christian you sure ask silly questions.

12. cml750

cml750 Member

Hey CW!!! How are you doing??? I see God still has your panties in a knot!!! Funny how the none Christian always brings God into threads where I reply even when they are non-religious threads. Is the Holy Spirit really tugging at your heart strings that much? I certainly hope he is!!! I am still praying for you!:)

13. SunsRocketsfan

This.

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I project politeness to strangers on the assumption of positive intentions or relatively mutual interests. I curtail extraneous or emotionally loaded dialogue or commentary with service professionals for the sake of administrative and operational expediency. As a minority with limited generational roots in this country I exert civility towards public employees out of appreciation and trust of our state institutions relative to their equivalent entities abroad. As a grown damn man I don't regressively attribute my principles or behavior to my parents nor do I sycophantically align with enforcement agencies to justify suppression or belittlement of those groups or individuals I disagree with.

1 person likes this.
  15. CometsWin

I am but an instrument of God's will my friend, blame him.

16. cml750

cml750 Member

One of these days you will see the light whether you know it or not!!!! I hope it is not too late when you do!!!

Romans 14:11
    For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

And one day, for all eternity, maggots will eat your balls.

18. CometsWin

No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.

19. cml750

cml750 Member

You are only saved by the Grace of God by accepting the one he sent to die in our place. In the Old Testament, sin was only atoned for by blood sacrifice. Jesus was the Lamb of god and thus the ULTIMATE SACRIFICE for anyone who will accept his sacrifice.

20. CometsWin

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it

1 person likes this.