1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm Done with Uverse

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MadMax, Jul 10, 2009.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Switching to Direct TV

too many outages....over and over again. they've replaced hardware once...they've had phone line issues....service is intermittent. i'm done.

plus, no MLB Network.

anyone else have those technical problems with Uverse?

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Odd, I've had them pretty much since they were available in Houston and have had no problems so far.

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

This might be the first negative Uverse post I've seen on the BBS.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

No problems with Uverse. Always had issues with Directtv.

5. MadMax

i know...i love the product (minus the MLB thing)...love the full home DVR deal...

but we've had service interruptions left and right.

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Damn, Max. That sucks. never had any problems with them and their customer service was excellent when I needed another outlet installed in the house (there the next morning...didn't charge me)

Good luck with Direct TV. Their HD picture is the best in town

7. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

never had problems with uverse since i had it installed on april...so far so good, their HD quality can use some help though, pictures are not as crystal clear and have some fuzziness.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

the only thing I hate about Uverse is no NBA tv. I love The Internet and the DVR. Better than anything I've ever used.

9. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

I have never had any issues with my uverse service.

10. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Same, except, change BBS to internet.

11. TheBigAristotle

Quite strange to hear Max. My aunt in Channelview is getting U-Verse in a few weeks, we'll have to see how things work out for her.

Are you in the city?

12. MadMax

yep....

13. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I'm making the switch to DirecTV from U-verse this Saturday. I never really had problems with U-verse. It worked great. I'm just not satisifed with the HD PQ. I'm keeping the internet though. That works great!! I'll miss the home DVR features and I'll be losing a box that was used on my computer but that's not too big of a deal since I watch all my TV on my main screen anyway.

I'm looking forward to better HD PQ and TENNIS CHANNEL!!

14. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I can't get it Pearland where I live, but my boss has it in Spring, and he's had nothing but problems with it.

15. MadMax

same, except i sound just like this guy:

http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=46026

I have had AT&T UVerse In Columbus, Ohio since June 2008. If you are thinking of leaving your current provider of any service for them DON'T DO IT!! When everything is working it is great, trouble is I experienced dropped connections at the AVERAGE of 4 times per hour over the last week. Two visits from their tech people, once just a few hours ago did nothing to even lessen the problem.

The TV picture will break up almost constantly and will freeze when the connection breaks. Forget playing games on line. The connection may be fine for a couple of hours or a few days then fail as many as 10 times per hour.

16. MadMax

what sort of problems has he/she had??

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Typical MadMax -- it breaks once and he throws the whole thing out.

Probably just a loose cable.

18. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

When I first signed up with uverse, a "rookie" installed my boxes almost 2 years ago. He installed it just before the Rockets and Lakers game opening night. I started watching the game and the uverse went out. I was pissed. I called them up the next day, complained and they sent out a veteran who re-installed it the correct way. Apparently, there is a main phone jack that the main box has to be connected to. The rookie installed the main box on the wrong phone jack. I never had any problems since. I don't think I have ever paid a full bill, nor do i pay the extra fee for having extra boxes. The only flaws are its a long process to restart the box, no nba tv, and no mlb network.

Direct TV is the best, but i think they are too expensive...

19. MadMax

really?? they have a partnership through AT&T...if you sign up through that, it saves you some money. their packages look pretty reasonably priced to me, compared even to Uverse. i think Uverse is DONE with full on promotional pricing.

20. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

My in-laws have it and they haven't had any problems. We tried to get it but not enough people have the signal or whatever they call it, for us to get it. Granted we are in middle Tennessee, south of Nashville and the U-Verse has just gotten started. We went with the local utility place in town and they have been pretty good for the most part.