1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should protesters be paid?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Dec 19, 2015.

?

Should college protesters be paid?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    90.3%
  1. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Can I protest my job and expect them to pay me at the same time?

Yes, editors get paid..but if they begin to protest the newspaper that hires them..they aren't getting paid for much longer

2. Major

Major Member

What's with some people stereotyping entire populations based on what a few people say?

Have you ever considered that it's always been this way, but until the social media era, these small pockets of people just never had a way to get their "demands" out to the public and you never had a way to hear about it?

Sure - you can always make the demand. But as with this case, there's no reason the employer has to listen or do what you ask.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Weather would be too cold for me. I don't have anything against polyamory other than I personally probably don't have the energy/endurance/time for it. Just thinking about all it would entail is exhausting. With a kid I hardly have any time for just myself and my wife. And now I have to add another person? And that person's family? And if that person has children? I'd rather work 2 full time jobs than have 2 spouses. That sounds like a nightmare.

Weed on the rocks, sure. But I'll have to wait until I'm done here cuz my employer does pee and hair tests.

As for basic income, I've heard it before. I've even heard the "libertarian" argument for it by Matt Zwolinski. Ehhhh. If I remember next time I'm sitting on the toilet I'll come back to this thread and click the link, but that's a long shot. Nowadays I have to take quick dumps.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most of modern civilization and technology is based on people who sat around thinking and never having a real job (imagine if Einstein decided to stick to being a patent clerk). Conservatives are against academia and the university system but this is getting ridiculous.

5. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

Because Oberlin College is one of the most leftist places you can be in America. If any of those students accidentally wandered into a Chamber of Commerce in their hometown, they would curl up in the fetal position and go catatonic.

6. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

my friend you need more greens in your diet...

and weed is a green :cool: