1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Pawn Shops?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Faos, Jul 2, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I've never stepped foot in a pawn shop, but am looking to possibly buy some camera gear if I can find what I want and the price is right.

Anyone frequent any Houston pawn shops and have any advice?

2. raw10628

raw10628 Contributing Member

I wouldn't really say one Pawn Shop is superior to another, although I usually frequent Cash America if I am out prowling the Pawn Shops. The best advice would be to take plenty of cash and make a deal with them on the price. Most of the time they will go down a bit. Tell them you're paying cash and it will make it a little easier. If you don't get the deal you want(within reason) just walk away and as you're walking out give them one last chance to see if they budge your way or if the deal sounds good you might as well take it. Most of it depends on how much they paid for it and how long it's been out on the shelves. Naturally, if they have had it out on the shelves for a while most of the time they will go down to around what they paid for it. Good luck.

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Nothing like stalking the pawn shops for music gear. Never really gone looking for camera stuff, but I've gotten quite a few good pieces of music gear in pawn shops.