1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mock Draft - for Round 2

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by NewRoxFan, May 16, 2016.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Since we have no first rounder (so far) and two second rounders, this seems a useful look at who might go in round two.

http://www.thesportsbank.net/bulls/nba-mock-draft-second-round-5-16-16/

I guess I am OK with who they think we might go with the first pick (PG is a need), but the second looks like a wasted pick, and to be honest, I'd rather select two players I think can really make the team:

DeAndre Bembry. He can do it all... shoots from the outside, plays hard, aggressive drives to the basket, and passes well. Has an old school look... think Moochie Norris, with size and skills.

Joel Bolomboy. Rebounding is the one thing that almost always translates well into the NBA. Solid build, plays hard, athletic, runs the court. Plays defense.

Draft these two guys... these two will make you want to watch the team.

2. SunsRocketsfan

we need more trash threads about bromances, beautiful rainbows, etc etc.. i vote we pick zhou qi to get all the ZOFs.

3. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Bembry is a 1st round pick, but I really like him and wouldn't mind Morey trading up to get him. He seems like a hard worker that'll put in the work to develop into a key contributor.

As for the Rockets two 2nd round picks, I like Wayne Selden and Cris Lavert. I like Selden's all around game, and Lavert could be our Shaun Livingston, a big point guard that causes match-up problems.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Agree that Bembry's performance at the Combine raised his stock into the first round. I agree that it would be a good idea to pay the first round tax and try to move up to take him.

I also agree Selden and Lavert are good targets in the second round. Both seemed to have been first round possibilities that have slipped. Selden really seemed to be a disappointment since I thought he was highly touted early on. Had a decent year last season, and as long as the knee surgery goes well is worth a second round gamble.

Lavert is talented but with so many Rockets being injury prone I'd worry that he would be off the court more than on.

5. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Agreed, their injury history is a concern, especially with the Rockets' injury luck.

6. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Malcolm Brogdon is another player I like. Solid defender, and was also solid in college on offense. Not a great athlete, so he may struggle on that end, but I see a productive role player.

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Project center you say? From Greece? Hopefully he's not like V-Span. Maybe he's still moldable and we can get him to Hakeem soon enough so he can develop post moves and finesse. Can you teach finesse?

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

With all that has been going on so far this offseason, it is important to try and pick players who you feel will contribute immediately. We will need these players this upcoming season.
    So I would still go Anthony Barber, Shawn Long and hope Kay Felder goes undrafted.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

10. fattz

fattz Member

:confused:Best we could do in this draft is Caris LaVert (foot should heal / late lottery talent combo gaurd) and Petr Cornelie (mobile / spacing big) b/c both fit with Harden... Landing both of would be make DM the smartest person in the room (over 230lbs). :)

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Pascal Siakim

High motor, energy guy. A bit of a Montrezl I suppose? So might be a waste.

12. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

When I think of Moochie Morris ... I cant think of size or skills

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

14. rullrich

rullrich Member

Yeah I'd rather take a flyer on Thon Maker with one of the picks - tumbled in the draft but has high potential (possibly for bust).

15. Fantasma Negro

Thon Maker
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pM3Hx5LNImI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tyler Ulis
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V8uM3NP0b8Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Bembry my hope as well.

17. kyrie Dwight

kyrie Dwight Member

Thon maker and Tyler ulis

18. MistaK

MistaK Member

Do you guys really think that Thon Maker will be available? I love his upside, but I just don't see him being available where we pick.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Ullis is a 1st rounder.

20. mig0s

mig0s Member

Thon Maker = Thabeet