1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teacher accused of having sex with sub-14 year old, parents welcomed relationship

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RV6, May 31, 2016.

1. The Stig

The Stig Member

The amount of people (non BBS) who thinks this is okay is too damn high! Like what the hell. Am I hearing this correctly?

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

2102 ROLLING GLEN DR

Living with "Joshua".

Must be awkward for these teachers caught banging their students.

Hey honey, well umm...how do I put this? I was caught banging a 13-year old school boy[/girl]. It was nothing against you, I promise!

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Looks like i have a mutual friend with "joshua"............they're separated. I guess they bought the house togethe though..must suck for him though because people think he's the boy and have been posting his picture online.

However, this likely means he'll get custody, now, if he wants it.

1 person likes this.
  4. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

The fact that the boy's family accepts it, leaves me no choice but to accept it. It is a strange situation and Id just let it be.

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Better than using your hand at 14.

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

So who's the kid? Please please please tell me it's the dude with the bowl haircut lmao. Props.

7. VanityHalfBlack

What she really trying to do is invest in that dik. Women love praying on them young lions.She trying to hold on to that youth for dear life. She got the control, she wants total control.

8. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Anybody who hatin is just jealous

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://abc13.com/news/aldine-isd-te...dent-sentenced-to-10-years-in-prison/1701064/

Alexandria Vera, the former Stovall Middle School teacher who admitted to having sex with her 13-year-old student, has been sentenced to 10 years in prison. She will be eligible for parole in five years.

During the trial, the victim wrote a letter to the court expressing that he was in love with Vera. The boy's parents also indicated that they were worried about Vera losing her job.

The victim's mother also said that in her culture, the age difference in her son's relationship with Vera was not an issue.

The boy is currently in foster care, ABC13 has learned.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

So many women getting very lenient sentences and she gets 10 years? Seems harsh.

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Damn, what a sad ending to this story. It was messed up on a lot of different levels, but ultimately a lot of lives were ruined here. Just a terrible situation all around.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Surprised the boy didn't just refuse to testify....

DD

13. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

she eligible for deportation?

Bandwagoner likes this.
  14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

10 years is harsh especially when everyone involved didn't have any issues with it. she should have lost her job for breaking the rules and that be the end of it.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's nice for equality's sake that she had the book thrown at her because any man caught banging a 13 year old girl would get a similar (or probably harsher) sentence. They've been letting way too many female teachers get away with this kind of thing so we either need to change the law to make it okay for adults to have sex with children (pretty awful idea IMO) or they need to enforce the law equally which means people like this do hard time.

Yung-T, Creepy Crawl, Shaud and 2 others like this.
  16. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I agree that 10 years is too much, but what if roles were reversed and this were a man where the victim were a 14 year old girl whose parents consented and believed it was ok in their culture as well?

Would 10 years be too much then?

EDIT: NVM, @Bobbythegreat just asked the same question

Yung-T likes this.
  17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

For me yes, I don't really care who people are facking especially if all parties are down. If they don't care why should I or the law care?

18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Ehh our sex crime laws are misguided. I am not speaking about any specific case, but more thought needs to be put into it than the magical date and time when a person is allowed to have sex with whomever they want. Its really silly to expect ones sex drive and desires to be the same as everyone else, especially at that stage of the game.

We find it completely unacceptable that a 14 or 15 year old to have sexual desires for someone a little older and we want to automatically blame the older person as taking advantage of the minor. But some how college guys coercing other (legal) girls into drinking and having sex is acceptable legally. Many of us here have seen or even done some shitty manipulative tactics to get laid. Just because a girl turns 18 doesnt mean she is now open season for manipulation.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

....Caligula over here.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I can accept an argument that the age of consent could be lowered, but if we do so then we need to enforce that law equally. If society deems it okay for adults to be having sex with 13 year old children then they need to change the law to reflect that. The idea behind an age of consent is that it is essentially saying that you are old enough to where you shouldn't get "tricked" into anything. That you essentially are old enough to make an informed decision and be held in some ways accountable for that decision. I personally don't think that 13 year old kids are old enough to be making that kind of decision, but that's because of the society that I was born into. In the past and in other places in the world people see things differently and that's just fine.