1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James - NEXT

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by A-Train, Dec 10, 2002.

1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

2. Live

Live Member

Read the story.

For his sake, I hope a team like Denver, Miami, or even Detroit via Memphis ends up with the #1 pick.

He needs to get out of Ohio (too many people with their hands out), and I wouldn't want him to end up in a pressure cooker like NY.

3. Summer Song Giver

Wow, I just read the article and I just don't see him succeeding with those types of people around him. His own blessing has become his biggest curse, it seems noone has his best interests at heart. Not his mom, the high school, nobody; bring on the cashcow. I kinda feel bad for him, maybe the NBA is the best place for him, sure the pressure will be great maybe greater than any other player before him but atleast he will be with his peers and maybe there he will get the guidance that he is so sorely lacking from all other avenues of his life.

Good luck Lebron, is it possible for someone with so much to still be considered the underdog?

4. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

I do feel bad for him. Atleast his mom should understand. When he does get into the NBA he definately needs to be surrounded by veterans and a good coach

5. Montrealjumpman

That reminds me of 7 years ago, when I was downloading KB's HS chip from Internet through a 28.8K modem in Shanghai, it cost me sthg like 45 minutes to complete, at that time I was just looking for someone to fill my heart when MJ was gone (at least that MJ was gone). KB was 13th at that year, but that didn't stop my wildest guess and bet on this kid. Now after reading that article on the hottest Leborn, I would say "Probably, but...". I just doubted, KB has a weird personality and a good family background, so his success is actually no wonder, of course he went into the NBA at the right time and scouted by the right guy. For Leborn, I am sure his size gonna ensure his success, cuz nowadays I will feel safer with kids like TMAC, I mean who can have mismatch on G for sure.

6. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

I saw the first interview of him on ESPN and he seems pretty sharp. This kid is amazing and he's going to be a superstar. He's got a good head on his shoulders, he can run, drive, handle, dunk, pass, steal, and did I say jump? he has world class athleticism. he's also a team player. he likes to get his team involved every chance he gets.

In the interview, James didn't act like he drops banana-nut. He seemed really humble and down-to-earth. He actually had a decent vocabulary, and didn't sound ghetto. That totally shocked me because some of the pictures I saw of him made me believe he'd be an egotistical, self-centered, thuggish, hood-rat. I actually came away very impressed with him as a person. This kid is GOOOOD!

7. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

LeBron James on TONIGHT! I'm taping it, so I probably won't see it until late...I think he had just finished his sophmore year of high school when I first heard his name, so it's been a long journey...

How does everyone think he'll do in his first taste of national spotlight? Will he show off his "all around game" or will he go off and score on everybody?

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Personally, I think the media and all the attention is setting him up for failure. I really hope he succeeds, but how successful can he be if he's not as good as Jordan. No matter what is written and how they blow players up, there will never be another Jordan. The way the media has him tagged now, if he isn't the next closest thing, then he will be viewed as a dissapointment. For his sake , I hope he is all they say he is. Do we still remember Felipe Lopez being the next Jordan?

9. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

IF you're rooting for the kid, I would think that his best opportunity would be to follow the unintentional lead of Yao Ming, and go to a pretty good team who already has a young star player, but underachieved due to injuries, or hasn't developed yet...A team like Memphis, Toronto, or maybe Miami...Cleveland would be a perfect fit except for the entourage affect previously descrobed.