1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible Coaching Replacements?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MLLins, Nov 14, 2015.

1. MLLins

MLLins Member

I know it may be a bit early since we're only 10 games into the season, but since everybody has been saying McHale is going to get fired, then who are the best coaches to replace him? Do you guys have anyone in mind? I have a neutral stance on whether McHale should be fired or not, but I know a lot of you support the idea, so I thought I'd put it out there.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It would only get worse if we hire a new coach

- clutchfans

3. amaru

amaru Member

not sure who is available tbh

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Thibs is my vote. Our shooters aren't good enough for a D'antoni run system. I also think Harden is too stubborn too conform to a non-iso pass happy system thats play fast. He loves to dribble, dribble, dribble, and shoot a flashy shot.

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

The board wants the guys who were fired 9 years ago: Jeff Van Gundy & Tom Thibodeau.

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm no McHale supporter .... But I don't think this is on him , its the fact that the parts don't fit.

Cant play two of Dwert , Capela or Harrell at the same time , Jones sucks and DMo is hurt. Going small is getting them killed on the boards and in the paint - hurts help defense too.

Lawson doesn't work with Harden ... you get all the bad of Lawson and none of the good.

They take the most 3's but no one hits them at a high percentage .... and even guys who have been good shooters cant hit a thing.

Add it all up and its hard to blame McHale .... even if I want him replaced.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Lol, someone as passive as Harden is going to collapse like a folding chair when Thibs tells him to do something.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it seems our issues isn't just coaching, it's something else. Like we don't have the right combo of players.

Fact of the matter is, when you take out Harden and Dwight - this team looks like a bunch of decent role players but there's no one that jumps out at you.

I think McHale milked what he could out of this team last year...they played a magical season but maybe they weren't really that good.