1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA RUMORS: DWIGHT HOWARD DEMANDS TRADE FROM HOUSTON ROCKETS?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BAHAMIANFAN, Nov 23, 2015.

1. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Dwight for DeAndre Jordan and for a future first

Jordan comes home
    Dwight joins Josh Smith

2. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I would feel bad for Dwight but then again he is a millionaire who never grew up.

Dwight Howard: "Harden and I are the leaders and we need to step up"

Harden: "I'm the leader and I need to step it up", "CP is a role player", "I'm the real MVP of the league"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. J Hard

J Hard Member

I dont even care anymore.

4. bunzo

bunzo Member

We still got plenty of more games to go... Come on now.

5. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Look at this and other times that Harden don't play D reminds me of Melo at times. They don't play D because it tires them out to score on the other end. Offense gets them the Big Contracts so it's all about padding the stats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMKavKEKX2Q

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

In a similar vein, Chandler Parsons during his last season in Houston also became a defensive sieve. He was looking to get paid and "1.7 steals, 1.3 blocks" (or whatever) is a less sexy sell than "17.5 points, 3.8 assists".

Hell, can't forget why we have Corey Brewer inflicted on us now. He took full advantage of the Club Rat Twins (Harden and Parsons) and dropped 51 on them.

That Harden had returned, although I saw him getting after it a bit defensively against New York, so let's hope half-ass-defense Harden doesn't swing back to f***-defense! Harden.

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

^^ thats one of the main reasons i gave him a pass last season on defense.
    dwight missed half the season and played about 15 games at 100%. after him and dwight, there were no go to scorers. harden had to do so much last season.
    i've heard other players say similar things about givign 100% every single game
    i wonder if he was really pissed the first few games cuz he had to repeat last season for us to win, and he's not up for it. he shouldnt be.
    he should wait it out. too much talent to force harden into god mode again

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I get what your saying but Harden should want to play at GOD mode every night even if we had the talent that didn't warrent it, which we don't.

He says he's the best player in the world (he actually has the talent to be) but doesn't bring it all the time. If he did the Rockets would have 3 losses tops so far this season.

He's one of the only guards in the league capable of avg 2 stls and 1 blk a game combine that with his normal 27-28 ppg and 6 rebounds and 6-7 assist he's a legit all-time great by the numbers test. But when u watch him some nights he just doesn't have it which is strange. Last year he was great all year this year I've only seen him dominate in 3 games this season (okc, sac, clips) im not going to include Portland because he didn't pour it on till the 4th and overtime.

Harden is the best talent Houston has had since Dream so we wouod be stupid to turn on him now with all he's done his first 3 years with us and also just turning 26 a few months ago.

I really think harden is the type of guy who needs a disciplinary coach like thibbs or coach k he needs to be yelled at made fun off ( like the YouTube video) he seems to play better when he has a chip on his shoulder. Some ppl are self motivators some need to be pushed nothing wrong with either but we need to find the right coach to push him in the right direction.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In that first gif Harden looked like such a baby or sissy

In that second one the fun loving guy that never cared :p

10. SeabrookMiglla

i really dont care for dwights game and wouldnt loose sleep if he left.

harden is the guy you wanna keep.

11. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Good coaches are there to remind players when they have lapses and that usually means sitting him down. How you handle the psychology of that interaction is the magic. Now that I think of it this team needs a ABPN certified coach.

12. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

This wouldn't be the first time he gives up on a franchise when it gets hard. Wouldn't surprise me at all. I don't know why a lot of you guys defend him so much. He is just as responsible for this mess as anyone else. Taking days off is killing our chemistry.

13. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

It's amazing how quickly this thread has turned into a Howard bashing thread.

Remind yourself, if you've forgotten, how Howard brilliant had played the last two playoff seasons with us. Howard was as valuable as Harden in the last two playoffs, to say the least.

His age is catching up. But there are still very few in the league who can protect the rim as well as Howard in the next 3 years.

14. jVgOwnsYou

As a team, we have been awful at protecting the rim this year. Sometimes I feel like Howard would be better off just staying solid sometimes instead of trying to block everything at the rim. If he misses it's a sure ORB putback.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Because of the perimeter defence.Aint no center in the league who would look statistically good with so many holes in the perimeter AND non existant help defence.
    Dwight has been doing a good job considering the context.

16. jVgOwnsYou

He's been above average, but not top 3 or 5 like we need him to be. I agree perimeter defense has to improve and guys like T Jones have to get in the fight in the paint. He goes for so many pump fakes out on the perimeter it drives me mad.

17. Zergling

Zergling Member

Look at the Warriors. Bogut does make a lot of money but their intelligent coaching staff knows to put a true center on the court only if the matchup justifies it, and Bogut sure as hell doesn't have plays called for him. That's how we need to treat Dwight regardless of his big money. Every post up called for Dwight is a waste of a play.

18. malakas

malakas Member

Bogut is a playmaking center with excellent passing ability and less offensive game than dwight. Very different centers.

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

How many years in the league and Howard still has rudimentary offensive moves?

Ultimately we will have to move on from Howard. We just got him too late in his career. This should be a lesson for Morey and Les for patience. We need to grow our superstars.

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Which superstars did we not let grow?