1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

To Take on ISIS Americans Should End Support for Jewish Nationalism

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Nov 23, 2015.

1. cml750

cml750 Member

Wow, what an uniformed and utterly stupid thread!!!!

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I haven't read past this, glynch, so if you answered my question already, my apologies. My question? What is it you want, glynch? Do you want to remove the State of Israel from Palestine? I must be a little confused. Can you clarify your position for me? Thanks!

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

:eek:

Do we get a hat trick if we do three wars in Iraq?

LOL "losing to ISIS. . . ." Losing in what? Territory? Body count? Nothing.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can't crush ISIS when ISIS doesn't wear uniforms and is indistinguishable from non-ISIS. Even if you kill the top leadership, it simply gets replaced. Just as we pretty much crushed Al Qaeda and it just morphed into something even more deadly and larger. It's like a hydra - cut a head off and it regrows two. That's why they don't mind fighting us - boots on the ground helps them recruit - a chance to kill and American soldier is a big incentive.

I don't know if things in Israel can change, not without much pain probably, but the fact is right now there is little to no consequence for continued expansion. Israel's economy is dependent on U.S. aide and that of the world. Take that away and they face economic disaster. That will put pressure on them to make peace.

Identity is a strong thing. Pocket books are stronger.

5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I and increasingly others are in favor of a One State Solution. Jews and Palestinians should lie with equal rights in all the land now controlled by Israel, the West Bank and Gaza in a state similar to the United States with no one privileged religion or ethnicity. The Occupied Golan Heights which was seized by Israel in 1967 should go back to Syria or whatever is left of it after the civil war. BTW the desire to keep the Golan Heights is obviously one of the reasons why Israel wants to overthrow Assad and split up Syria.

More and more of the Palestinians and even Israelis are in favor of the one State Solution. Some just see it as practical now that Israel is displacing Palestinians from so much of the land that the Two State Solution is impractical and will never be accepted. Many Orthodox Jews for religious reasons do not want to give up one inch of territory and the vast majority of Palestinians no longer want a small statelet completely controlled by Israel. The Netanyahu or center of Israel wants to keep expanding until the facts on the ground leaving only the little statelet at best for the Palestinians which will never be accepted.

Essentially the land whatever it is called, whether one country or whether some sort confederation like Belgium or other countries will be one in which all ehtnicities and religions have equal and civil rights and can live wherever they want etc.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Too many decades of damage and hate rhetoric being propagated by both sides will make it almost impossible for Palestinians and Israeli's to live side by side under one national flag. That's just the harsh reality. Too much damage has been already done to accomplish this. I would love nothing more for it to happen but it's nothing more than a pipe dream.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Lord knows why we give Israel $2 billion a year. They should be paying us.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

This is from 2007, but it's weird how a brigadier-general said IS was a front with an imaginary leader.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know about the thread, but I remember reading this and thought it was damning....like It just doesn't make sense.

What other ally uses spies like these...

Israel Spy Jonathan Pollard Freed From U.S. Prison After 30 Years

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

That's heartwarming. Israel loves their spy so much, they went and gave Israeli citizenship to him while he was a U.S. felon behind bars! They really like that guy. And he is requesting to give up his U.S. citizenship and move to Israel. . . .

Sure, Israel loves a guy who committed major crimes against the United States, but that doesn't mean they would do anything bad to us, right?