1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long will you continue to support this pathetic Texans franchise?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by CometsWin, Oct 4, 2015.

?

How long will you continue to support the Texans?

1. Forevaaaah

81 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. We just need a QB

62 vote(s)
    28.3%
  3. I'm about done

38 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. **** this team

38 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. Mattician

Mattician Member

I've gotten to the point where I don't get mad or upset about the games anymore.

arkoe likes this.
  2. Marteen

Marteen Member

It's sort of sad that the other two Houston franchise teams rarely get as much attendance as do the Texans. With the Astros and Rockets, they have to put a winning team on the field/court to have a chance of competing in attendance (ha!). But I guess a lot of that has to do with 8 regular season home games vs. 41/82 home games. Even then I don't think it should be an excuse when you look at the Chicago Cubs fan base which is really amazing given how much they've suffered. This is the 4th largest city in the country with 2 million people living in it, no excuses. It was sad going to the Astros games this year while they were in 1st place in the division or competing for a play-off seat and only see 12,000--17,000 in attendance. Meanwhile, the Texans could probably average 2-5 wins every season and have sold out crowds no matter what for a franchise that's only won 2 play-off games in 12 years of existence.

The Rockets season will start very soon, a team that recently came off the Western Conference Finals. If I listen to sports radio this week, the city of Houston will likely talk more about Mallet missing his charter than the Rockets. Do I support the team? Of course. It hurts seeing them constantly wet the bed this way, but part of me is actually glad this is happening so that more people around town actually start to notice the other teams we have around here.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Ive said this before, losing interest in the Texans won't help the other franchises. In fact they have little impact. A large portion of the Texans fanbase is football only fans, they won't suddenly care about the Rockets or Stros because the Texans suck, they are more likely to start rooting for the Cowboys. Rooting for their failure is pointless in that regard.

And fans like me that love all 3 teams, won't care about the Astros or Rockets anymore than I already do.

I just don't know what can be done about this, this organization needs to be completely rebuilt, and I just don't see McNair doing it.

4. the shark

the shark Member

It all starts at the top.
    McNair might be a good man, but as as an NFL owner? :eek:
    Anyone who would hang on to Kubiak and Rick Smith for as long as he has (and did) is just flat out CLUELESS!!

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

For me, I said forever.

I HAAAATE where the team is at now but I rather have a team than not one at all. In the end, Sports are entertainment and even following a bad team is better than no team at all. Every dog has it's day, hopefully ours will be sooner and not later.

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I don't care at all right now. Didn't even bother with the game this week. I'll be following the local Broncos for the rest of the season

7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

How bout them texans? Oops pow surprise!

8. what

what Member

Seems appropriate

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No one is forcing you to watch. You can root for the Cowboys or Saint (closest teams).

Blatz likes this.
  10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Hope y'all are finally learning your lesson.

GotGame15, Nook and gatsby like this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Imagine if Pat Fertitta were in charge of the Rockets right now. Their coach & GM is Kevin McHale, entering his 7th season in charge having never made it to the WCFs, they are led by talented youngster Luka Doncic but they just traded away all of their future draft picks and cap space for Al Horford and Mike Conley Jr.

That is the Texans situation.

ghettocheeze and Nook like this.
  12. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

**** THIS TEAM AND ITS r****dED OWNER. CANT BE WATCHING TRASH PLAY ANYMORE.

13. likestohypeguy

Well I enjoyed the ride, including the heartbreak in a weird way.

He's not a great coach, but I don't mind so much. Kind of like B.O.B. Even when he has me pulling my hair. All part of the fun i guess.

14. slapyomoma

slapyomoma Member

Billy O the coach should fire Billy O the OC. Then Billy O the GM should fire Billy O the coach. Then Billy O the GM and his Thanos bootie chin should step down. After that happens I may decide to support this team

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

For me, I'd rather people support the team and have an NFL team than not have one.

I've never been behind the idea that if people just don't show up the Owner is going to fire the coach and run the organization right...yeah, not going to happen. Instead, the NFL will shop the team around to other cities that will fill the seats.

Our only hope is that Cal will do the right thing...and he hasn't yet...but our hope is that he'll find some smart FO guy like Morey/Lunhow that can run the football operations for him. Right now that guy is BOB...so...yeah, this is what you get.

likestohypeguy likes this.
  16. Mr. Space City

Ita hilarious, rockets fans are begging the fans to show up to games, while texans fans are pleading with the fans to stop supporting this mess so that changes can be made.

17. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

I’ve been a Texan STH for 10 years. Finally sold my PSL before playoff begin. Feel relieved that I don’t have to support this crappy product financially. I will continue to support them from my couch instead. Win or lose, it won’t hurt my wallet like it has been last 10 years.

GotGame15 and Houstunna like this.
  18. Newlin

Newlin Member

I watched the Rockets and Astros for decades before they ever won a championship. I’m not going to stop watching the Texans. I like football and I live in Houston.

I know people get frustrated, but it’s just sports.

Blatz likes this.
  19. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

20. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Same here. I had fun and now I'm going to watch the Puppy Bowl.