1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Netflix Original Series] Peaky Blinders

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Oct 14, 2014.

1. VanityHalfBlack

I know some of you don't care too much about the Brits and their tea and Doctor who and their dalek and ****. Yeah I know it looks like a trash can with genital warts, hardy har har hahahah! This show however is pretty cool and the Scarecrow dude himself stars in this. You guys should like this being from Houston and we have lots of gangs here and it's story is centered around organized crime and how they came to be:

Tommy Shelby (Cillian Murphy) is the charismatic leader of a Birmingham, England crime organization known for its distinctive and lethal razor-brimmed caps. As the ambitious, deadly Tommy leads his crew to ever-greater success after World War I, they come to the attention of a chief inspector (Sam Neill) who is sent from Belfast to rid the city of its criminals. Annabelle Wallis costars in this period thriller from the writer-director of "Locke."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MwKMHsxESX0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Looks fantastic.
    Plus you can binge watch it.
    Plus it has Cillian Murphy in it... who stars in the best most underrated movie of the last decade imo, Sunshine. (at least underrated in terms of box office)

Will definitely watch.

3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Is this available on Netflix now?

4. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Yes it is.

5. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I watched it. It's entertaining and well-acted with a couple of big names. It's kind of obviously influenced by stuff like Boardwalk Empire and Snatch, but it manages to stand on its own. There is much less violence and blood than one might expect after a steady diet of HBO dramas, but there is some. And there is plenty of Cilian Murphy looking dreamy, if that's what you're into.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

All you had to say was Sam Neill.

I'm watching.

7. bobmarley

Half way through, really like what is possible. Interested to see where they go with it. The PTSD angle is pretty interesting also.

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Main character's bio reminded me a whole lot of Jimmy, who Nucky shot at the end of season 2 of Boardwalk Empire, if that helps anybody.

9. bobmarley

Michael Pitt

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Thanks for posting this. 4 more episodes of house of cards to finish then I'm starting this. Read the wiki page and this is my kinda show! Repped btw

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Gaylord says what

12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

No idea what ya said. Gonna tell us or just sit there and caress your awful spiced beer while rolling your jeans up over your Cuban Heels, Kim Moe Scroat?

13. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Love Cillian Murphy. Very versatile actor.

I will be definitely watching this, trailer looks good

14. TheresTheDagger

Watched the first episode last night. Mildly curious to see what happens next so will keep watching. Anybody watch this whole series yet and if so, how would you rate it?

15. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

This has been sitting on my Watch List on Netflix for a few weeks now. Finally got a chance to google it and see what this is about. For anyone who doesnt know - Peaky Blinders was the name of the gang. Will start watching after I finish Broadchurch.

16. Convictedstupid

Finished this show a few weeks back. I thought it was a great show.

17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I rate shows by my anticipation for the next episode/season. I really am looking forward to the next season. Its certainly at the the top of my list.

What makes the show great is that its a short season. Some of the better shows out there fall into a doldrum and too much unneeded drama is injected into the story to drag it out.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Once I get through Mad Men, this is the next show I'm watching. Well, it's between this and Marco Polo.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Season 1 was great. It progressively improves. Just started season 2.

20. bobmarley

Finished season 2 watching the BBC airing. It was really good this season. Really good! I don't want to ruin it. But one of my favorite new shows.