1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Houston Press] Face to face with Inevitability

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fritz145, Apr 10, 2008.

Tags:
  1. fritz145

fritz145 Member

2. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

great read!

I really liked the analogy of a race horse running on a broken leg! :p

Its true... I really hope the Rockets can advance this year but the odds aren't in our favor simply because of the Bigs in the west. I'll be watching every minute of it though!!

*crosses fingers for not meeting Phoenix (ever).*

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Thanks fritz!

Some good quotes there.

more sig material!

:)

keep up the good work.

4. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love this from Rafer- "I beg to differ.”

5. sonalikumar

sonalikumar Member

Great read.. and although the Rockets are my lifeline... they will have to work extremely hard and be ON their game to get out of the first round. I think they can do.. but will need everyone to step up. These next three games should help make the picture a little clearer.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

This team seems to be at its best when it has a chip on its shoulder, so the rest of the West better be careful what it wishes for.

7. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

the only reason the rox will not advance is that they have to get through teams with talented bigs. with yao, it's not such a problem. but recently, san antonio boston, and phoenix have given big problems because we've got noone to defend the long bigs. i think loren woods could help quite a bit in that area but it doesn't look like he's going to see any more minutes this season.

8. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Sig material:

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

LOL I am a step ahead of you on that one :)

10. A00man

A00man Member

And that's why most of us are hoping we don't draw the Spurs or the Lakers in the first round. Not like any team is going to be easy but I hope we play the Jazz or the Mavs in the first round.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If the Rockets can win 3 of the last 4, I think that perception will drastically change.

DD

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Good job, yon feller, in capturing the essence of this post-season: any team can win, or lose, in any series in the West (the East's inevitability is otherwise, but their emergent Celts [possibly Pistons] are odds-on to survive it all (just one tough series before the Finals).

I'd trade home-court for a healthiest possible TMac AND Shane or SHANE and TMac? (and I'd kill for a healthy Yao in the middle, but hey, what can you say...).

13. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

wow, that was an intresting article...
    i liked it alot.
    and im glad everyones confidence is still high... cause thats gonna be the X factor for us in the playoffs... CONFIDENCE.
    thats what got us our 22 game win streak.

I hope everyone one in our locker room heres other teams talk about how they want to play the rockets in the first round.

that will throw that fuel to our fire.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Nice,very nice.

15. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

As usual, great read. Thanks JF!

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Confidence helps til the ball is tossed up. Then confidence is earned, and reearned every game.

17. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Good article, man.

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

No it won't. It won't change until the Rockets show otherwise in the playoffs. That's just the way it is and there's no use b****ing about it. Now say, they face a Utah in the 1st round and advance, THEN you'd see the perceptions change. After all, we are talking about a franchise that hasn't advanced out of the 1st round in over 10 years so it's not like the "haters" are being unreasonable here.

Great job as always JCF.