1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

i'm a believer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dave Jamerson, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Dave Jamerson

Dave Jamerson Member

when we're winning, we complain about a lack of respect. when we're losing we revert into thinking we are an inferior team and we do need to make some changes. It's important to remember we are still building a champion, this is far from the final product. making any trades that will only solve our short term problems is no answer for our goal to eventually bring back a championship to clutchcity. we'll make the playoffs this year, we'll keep things exciting. we won't win 60 games but that is not our goal this year and to be frank, that goal is a little unrealistic. Our team will get better as the season progresses so let's not jump off ship and propose trades and changes. Tmo and Eddie G. will improve leaps and bounds by the 2nd half of the season and will both be far from superior from anyone we can pick up on the trade market. All in all, I belive in the team the way it is now, although some think otherwise:

http://orlandosentinel.com/sports/b...ngs1112.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines-bball

2. goophers

goophers Member

I believe, and I will until the last possible minute.

3. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Believer? May I join? :)

I will stick to my 59-33 prediction! :D

4. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

DAMMIT! I can't add!

59-23, that is. ;)

5. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Perhaps you had factored in some post season games. ;)

6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I think sometimes people forget that this team is a work in progress. People wonder why they don't play like a world title contender, but forget that they're not. This is a team 2 years removed from the lottery, with little playoff experience outside of Glen Rice, Walt Williams and Kevin Willis. People wonder why they can't run the offense properly but forget this team's frontcourt is totally rebuilt and that the centerpiece of our frontcourt suffered a season ending injury, or at worse a 6 to 7 month injury and that two of our key big men off the bench are rookies. People are panicking that this same team is 5-2, and are one 3 point shot away from beating the scorching hot Minnesota Timberwolves and being 6-1. People are frustrated with our SF not producing, forgetting that he is on a new team, with a new system, and rehabbed an injury all summer and missed most of camp. Yet Rice is showing signs of breaking out. When they win it's not good enough. When they lose everything sucks, including the backcourt. All I can say is relax and give this team time. This isn't college basketball, a win is a win no matter how "weak" the teams are. This team could be 1-6 and the same things people are complaining about would be great excuses to use for a start like that. Instead this team is winning DESPITE those problems, so just give them time before wanting to run players out of time, questioning Rudy's coaching and sanity, wondering whether Francis is on the same level as Tony Parker, or whether Cuttino Mobley could outplay Steve Smith. Patience.

7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I hate to admit it, but I agree with rocksmillenium 100%. Note agreement is limited to this rocke post only.

8. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

...no doubt in my mind...

9. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I never stop believing.

Keep up the good work, RocksMill. I really enjoy your posts. You say the things I want to say to all the bandwagonners out there.

10. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Clutch City 2K2 :D

Rockets will go 70 - 34

Reg Season 55-27

Playoffs 15-7

RocksMill - I second that thought. We were actually a lottery team last year though - technically.

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I believe we suck rite now! :mad:

But I also believe we will get much better as the season progresses. :)

12. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

...till you see them play, Hey! Hey!...