1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thomas Robinson or Perry Jones?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Ottomaton, Jan 16, 2012.

?

As an NBA GM, which would you select for your team?

1. Thomas Robinson

15 vote(s)
    36.6%
  2. Perry Jones

19 vote(s)
    46.3%
  3. Neither - trade the pick to Miami for Shane Battier

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In honor of the game that was...

If you were an NBA GM and the selection was narrowed to these two finalists by your scouting department, which would you choose to have a better NBA career and why? I have an opinion, but will abstain so as not to slant the conversation from the get go.

2. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

Jones, Robinson is great but this is his ceiling. Jones could be the next Garnett to me.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

No chance. Jones is NOTHING like KG (between the ears). He has talent but I'm not sure he has the heart and intensity to maximize his gifts.

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Robinson he's the next Blake griffin i watched every game of his last yr and the strides he's made this yr are incredible he has great work ethic an wants to be great for his little sister that's the only family he has his mom and grandparents died in the same month last yr. it's a really good story hes a hard worker with crazy talent of he improves his mid range jumper he is gonna be lethal superstar type player IMO

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Thomas Robinson will have the faster impact but Perry Jones definetly has the higher ceiling.

Btw, Perry Jones was ballin until he rolled his ankle last night.. He has the complete package.

6. mastraw18

mastraw18 Member

I'm not sure if I see the hype on Jones. His height, length and athleticism are great, but he seems like an average offensive player at best. His jumper is inconsistant and his post moves are mediocre from the games I have seen of him.

Can someone who has seen more of him tell me why some say he could be the top pick in the draft?

7. mastraw18

mastraw18 Member

Perhaps I have just missed his good games. I need to watch more Baylor games :)

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If you're a Jayhawker, tell me more about his post up game. I haven't been able to see enough of his minutes to evaluate anything. I'm mostly interested in how he looks against bigger, more athletic big men since that's the type of athletes he'll be going up against in the NBA.

I'm intrigued by Robinson. I sense he's got a lot of heart to go with substantial talent. Would like to see more of him and will be recording more Jayhawk stuff to check him out.

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

i would have to take robinson and his heart,desire and work ethic over jones ceiling,athleticism, and attitude...

10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If this is for any generic NBA team, I think you have to go with potential (since the majority of NBA teams are bad and not enough of a contender to go with the safe pick). The second answer as others have pointed out is that Jones is the one with more potential while Robinson is more of a sure thing.

11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

His post game is decent he has a good body he should be able to get position on almost any pf in the NBA and he as quick and explosive as the come I'd say his ball handling is atleast as good as griffins and he's just as quick with his spin moves in the paint finishing for acrobatic lay ups or monster dunks and while he might not jump as high as griffin he atleast gets up as high and as explosive as amare. He likes to catch the ball at like 17 ft from the basket either wing take u off the dribble ad if he can't do that case of a double he goes to the post back player in and spins off for fads ways jumpers or dunks that's why I think if he can get a good mi range game to go with what he's got already he gonna be a superstar

From what i read at a camp not positive on this he measured at legit 6"9 with 7" ft wingspan hes a legit pf and shouldn't have any problem playing in the NBA his body looks like lebrons he's really proportioned for his size and is really strong and mobile really like this kid an think he's easily one of the top 3 prospects in this draft with Drummond and davis as the other 2.

I follow college basketball and these 3 have the best pro potential out of all the player in NCAA basketball this yr

12. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I've seen a lot of Thomas Robinson so far, and I really like what I see, but I wonder if he'll be able to do the same thing in the NBA against players that can match his strength and athleticism in the post.

13. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

Robinson is a beast but he is a 4. There is no need for another 4...especially an average height one at 6'9". He is no bigger than Scola or Patterson and shorter than Hill and Donatas. Jones has perimeter skills and crazy potential though the odds seem to be against him to actually getting there. I think he has the mentality and skillset to be a SF. He would be a mismatch at the 3 for every SF that is not elite. If you bring Donatas over, and reup on Dalembert for one more year you would have the tallest front line in the NBA!