1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this the end for the Cowboys? = D

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Pete Chilcutt, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Don't let the Chargers' reputation fool you, they are not a that good of a team. Decent, maybe; but not "great." But against the Cowboys, "decent" becomes downright dominant in December. They might even lose to the Redskins.

And for three years now, this has happened.

Like clockwork: "Hey look! Jewelry commercials! That must mean it's almost Christmas! When will Wade Phillips' team self-destruct before a national television audience?"

[​IMG]

And true to form, Dallas fans are enduring another stretch of atrocious football. Rooting for Tony Romo and Wade Phillips is like dating a girl that's cheated on every guy she's ever been with. Even when it's good, you know at some point, you're going to get screwed.

So as a Dallas fan myself, I gotta ask: is it time for us to throw in the towel? Just say forget it, and wait until Tony Romo is playing quarterback for someone like Arizona, Wade's fired, and all these demons have been exercised?

Maybe not. Because as dark as the days might seem, and even if Dallas loses to New Orleans, there's still hope. Beat Washington, Philly loses one of their next two... Suddenly, Week 17 is a showdown for a playoff spot. Cowboys and Eagles. "Win and You're In." Just like last year, but this game's at home! New Texas Stadium!

You gotta have hope.

And I still do. Which is why I'll soon have my heart broken into 7,000 pieces. Yay Holidays!

Link

1 person likes this.
  2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Christmas came early for the rest of the NFL fans? :confused:

:p

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing it will end up Philly vs. Dallas for a playoff spot.

And the Eagles will once again curb stomp the Cowboys into oblivion.

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

What is he doing in front of Phillips?

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Pete, you are obviously not watching the games....

Against the Chargers and Giants, Romo played extremely well. Its been Marion Barber and Nick Folk killing us.

Barber is overrated and Choice should be starting. Folk is equal to Kris Brown, except he is (was) kicking for SOMETHING.

I expect the Cowboys to compete with the Saints, but lose. If we Win @ Washington and in Dallas against Philly, we should still make the playoffs. But to say Romo has had anything to do with the last 2 losses is ill informed. This has been Romos best season.

6. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

God I love Wade Phillips' facial expressions. Just pure comedy.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm not a Cowboys fan and I don't follow them on a consistent basis but I can still see that Barber is far from the player he was when he was last year. If Felix Jones is 100% healthy, a tandem of Jones/Choice should be more than enough for their running game. They might not be the smash-mouth runner Barber used to be but when you have RBs that can gain 5, 6, 7 yards per carry, that is a weapon you need to use.

8. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

So is that the position that Wade takes after every loss?

9. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

lmaooo. good one

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Full disclosure: I am NOT a Cowboys fan, but I don't hate them nearly as much as many people in Houston do.

That said (as FFB would say), the Cowboys are just so perplexing to me. With the talent they put on the field, there's no reason they shouldn't be fighting for home field this year.

That 4th and goal drive was a microcosm of their entire season. They run the ball right down the Charger's throats for the entire drive, then all the sudden they can't pick up one more yard in 4 tries, and end up with nothing.

They remind me of Jack Pardee's Oiler teams. So talented, but totally undisciplined and not very well coached.

How about Igor Olshansky taunting the SD sideline after stopping the RB in the backfield right before they kicked the FG to go up by 2 scores, thereby ending the game. The game was all but over and everyone knew it. SD was just setting up for the FG and trying to eat up clock by running it up the middle, and Olshansky is celebrating making the tackle in the backfield. :rolleyes:

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Yea the Olshanksy taunt was terrible.

He came from the Chargers to I guess he was trying to give himself a moral victory?

Yesterday comes down to the thing that has haunted us all year long.

Points left on the field. Our defense was solid (although had a terrible time against the deep ball) And the passing game was passable. But to come up short 3 times from the 1 foot line is very Texanish and dissapointing. It also happens to be Barbers "specialty" and the Chargers D is not top notch. Barber and Folk lost this one.

Would any Texans fans trade their 3rd and 5th rounders for Barber?

12. updawg

updawg Member

that had me laughing as well.

13. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

No thanks. We have our own Chris Brown.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

This is where I stopped reading your post, you obviously haven't been paying attention.

15. Major

Major Member

This thread is as good as any, but my prediction is that this will be the week the Saints finally lose. The Cowboys this year haven't been nearly as bad as previous years - it's more a problem of schedule than anything else. The Saints are struggling on defense right now, so if NO is going to lose, this seems like the week.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Oh, I would. With his shifty style, he seems like he'd be a perfect fit for our ZBS running game.

Granted, I haven't seen a lot of him this year.

Yeah, I didn't get that comment either. The Chargers are on a major roll right now. I know the Colts want no part of them in the playoffs, no matter where the game is played. Frankly, I'm surprised they didn't blow the Cowboys out of the stadium yesterday.

17. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well it is obvious that Wade is unhappy but why are #43 and #54 celebrating?? Probably the Cowboys problem right there - the coach and players are not on the same page.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Since I'm in the belly of the beast up here in DFW, I can tell you that I hear nothing but Cowboys analysis all day...and my conclusion is that their coaching stinks. Their offense and defense are good, and a good coach could make a superbowl team out of them.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

SD is now 16-0 in December with Rivers. That is total dominance. Granted, they may not finish in January but noone can question their December play. When I saw that record, I picked the Cowboys to lose last week. You don't go against 100% for a Cowboys team that is up-and-down.

Cowboys are like burnt toast except as soon as the toaster pops...you press the lever down and burn em some more. There is no real helping them. You can't take em seriously...or they will ruin your December and holidays...too. Let them wallow around in their own self-misery. They won't bring me down as a fan.

Ware may play Saturday at New Orleans. Unless they shot some green radioactive fluid in him at the hospital...and he can turn into a big hulky figure when he gets mad, it's won't make any difference. I expect us to lose and, if we don't, then it means New Orleans messed up...not that we did it right.

20. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member