1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mobley:key to winning and losing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by makman, Dec 24, 2002.

Tags:
  1. makman

makman Member

I really believe we cant win unless Mobley plays well. Look at his #s when we win and when we lose. Theres a big difference. He needs to learn to stop shooting when hes off cuz he lost it for us against the jazz.

2. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

i'd say it was the 21 turnovers. and mobley only took 11 shots . Both Yao and Francis had more shots than mobley, thats where it should be.

3. jaredb2

jaredb2 Member

I think Mobley just needs to take his time and fully recover from his injury. He also needs more time (as everyone else does) playing with Yao

4. SLA

SLA Member

When Mobley does well, we do pretty good. We still need him.

5. feishen

feishen Member

Most of the games that Rox clutched, there was a third person stepping up for the Rox. Ming and Francis combine probably can get 40 points to 50 points a night. Cat seems to have a bad shooting year. He took way too many shots, and what is his FG pcentage now? If Rox doesnt have this third big player in fixture, Rox is going to continue to lose some and win some, play inconsistently

6. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

How about not letting players like Harpring get 25 on us while shutting down our 2 and 3.

;)

7. RockenRam5

RockenRam5 Member

Makman,

Explain exactly how cuttino lost it for us against the Jazz.

8. HoustonTx211

HoustonTx211 Member

Mobley is the man its just can't nobody see it i him.
    I think they need to get Mobley more open shots he is are best jump shooter,maybe we could spread the defense more if we kept and outside and inside attack going. Steve and Yao are more inside scorers they drive or use their overwhelming size to go over top of you either way its good to have and outside attack and have someone that can shoot from the perimeter its just Mobley usually has to fight through 2 defenders just to get a shot off. I mean he starts of shooting ok but they never get him the ball. I think people need to lay off Mobley and let him get some confidence going that way you can see him bring the offense we know he can but if yall are steady crying let Yao get the ball don't let Mobley touch the ball,man Yao gets that ball and contributes but his scoring isn't always as much as you would think cuz he opens up the offense,great defense and passes well but you still need to score more to win.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Both Steve and Cat are in the top 5 in minutes played in the league. We're only 15-12 now; imagine as they get exhausted as the season goes on, and Yao, too. I hope Posey's acquisition will get our backcourt players some rest.

10. youAndMe

youAndMe Member

You mean when he played, we lost. When he was injured, we won. Just joking! I hope to see more consistency from him.

11. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Hopefully it's just a post inury slump and he'll come back even stronger. I agree that when Cat's on we'll do better. Imagine if we ever get 4 guys to bring their A games consistently. Man. :eek:

Steve 20 pts 7 reb 7 asst
    Yao 24 pts 12 reb 3 blk
    Cat 18 pts
    Griff 16 pts 9 reb 2.5 blk

A guy can dream can't he?

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think you under-estimate steve an cats A game.

steve can score 30-7-7
    cat can score 25

:D

13. SLA

SLA Member

You forgot Posey too.
    15 points, 5 rebounds, 3 steals.

Glen Rice
    Numerous treys.

Mo Taylor at his best...
    17 points. 7 rebounds.

Moochie Norris...