1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone with Suddenlink recently get On Demand?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TesseracT, Apr 8, 2009.

1. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

My cables boxes got On Demand like a week ago and it's works every now and then it gives me some retrieve error. Anyone else getting this?

2. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

EDIT.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I have suddenlink, and we don't have on demand. They say we're supposed to be getting it soon. I press the on demand button (goes to 999) but then it shows question marks.

I just saw this thread, sorry to bring up an old one. just thought i'd put in my 2 cents.

4. Pete Abel

Pete Abel New Member

I'm with Suddenlink, but I live in a non-Suddenlink territory. With the VOD service from the cable company in my area, I occasionally have had a similar issue to the one you describe. When I called my cable co. about that issue, I was told the error message usually means there's an unusually large number of people trying to order VOD titles at the same time, and usually -- if I try again a few minutes later -- it should work. And that has generally been the case. That said, there may be some other technical issue in your area. I'd be happy to engage senior managers in your area to check it out, but first would need to know (at the very least) the name on the account and city/state. Assuming you don't want to publish that in a public forum, you can send me a private message: pete.abel@suddenlink.com. Thanks.

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I hate SuddenLink with a passion. If it were not for Internet, I would have left them a long time ago.

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

me too. Hate them.

I've getting Turbo HD this summer, and dumping Suddenlink (keeping their internet though).