1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets the most disliked basketball team right now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 30, 2015.

?

Are the Rockets the most disliked team in Basketball

1. Yes

54 vote(s)
    63.5%
  2. No

31 vote(s)
    36.5%
  1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most would think it would be L.A. or Miami. Or the Spurs. But if you were take out rivalries because of butt hurt fans from series losses, who would be the team that no one likes or respects?

The case for our Rockets:

GM Daryl Morey: Seen as an arrogant egghead and hated by the full range from Cuban to Berkley. Has revolutionized the game without even getting out of the first round. His analytics practice annoys most fans and other GM's, as well as apparently the TNT crew. Puts his foot in his mouth at times doesn't help him much.

Dwight Howard: Orlando hates him. L.A. hates him. People around the league laugh at him. Seen as soft and childish, a guy who can't lead, a mediocre post players who thinks he's a lot better than he is, someone who should have been great bet fell far short. He talks a lot of trash on the court, and gets into with players like Garnett and others. When you diss Kobe and L.A. you generally are going to get the media to paint a negative perception of you as well. His fouling out on a national TV game and Kobe calling him soft early this season helped to reinforce all the things people don't like about Howard. It doesn't help that Barkley and Shaq rip on him constantly. Even Kevin Durant has some choice words for him that seem to come out of no where.

James Harden: People hate his game. All the FT's and drawing of fouls. They think he's got a gimmick offense that's borderline cheating. So many players on so many teams complain about him. On top of that, that video of him not playing defense doesn't help his likability. Finally, the kick to Lebron James groin cements him as a dirty trickster type.

Patrick Beverley: Guy is annoying. A pest. Just gets into it with everyone showing no respect - where the heck did he come from? He took out Russell Westbroke and ruined an OKC playoff run. He gets into it with Lebron, with Damien Lillard, Curry, Whiteside, and many many others. The injury to westbrooke takes the cake though and got him his rep as a "dirty player".

Josh Smith: He brings two more cities to hate the Rockets - Detroit and Atlanta. Despite having never gotten into much of an altercations or being dirty, what happened in Detroit earned him a rep as a selfish criminal type who was a cancer on a team. The superstar that is in the fashion of Ron Artest despite not having Ron Artest's personality. It's as if people expect him to meltdown at any moment for some reason. There's a desire to see this guy fail after taking all that money from Detroit. Suffice it to say, he's not well liked.

Terrance Jones: He's added here because of his stomping of a homeless person.

2. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Go ahead and add Ariza to that because he allegedly gave Curry his "hold me back" moment.

3. AFS

AFS Member

I was under the impression the Clippers were the most disliked team right now. They have a large sense of entitlement, complain about every call or no-call, and flop everywhere.

1 person likes this.
  4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Who is Berkley? The whole city hates him?

5. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Yes - but it's almost wholly a Dwight Howard thing. There are a freaking ton of casual Lakers fans across America who will unquestioningly support whatever anti-Dwight stereotypes are associated with any pro-Kobe narrative. That gives Dwight an automatic negative karma on average.

By human nature, if you associate negative karma with one idea, any ideas that have a positive correlation to it (in this case, Dwight's high-profile teammates, coaches, execs) get their own negative karma by association.

Without Dwight, the Clippers would have the title and it wouldn't be close.

6. do work son

do work son Member

yes but it's also the fans. a lot of rockets fans seem to have an inferiority complex.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think we are the most hated team in the league right now, but unlike teams that traditionally fit the bill for most hated, the hate we get is almost completely manufactured by the media. I've already embraced it. It'd just be more fun to embrace if it was actually warranted.

8. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

I'd say Clippers take the cake for now. Rockets a distant second.

9. HookemHorns1250

I'm not sure if we are the most hated team in the league...but we sure aren't the most popular.

Like a few others have said, I've embraced it, and hopefully the team has too. Give them an extra edge...

Also to add to the hatred list from other teams - Hardens "Cookin 'em up" gesture.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

We are RWO. They hate us now because we are heels, but don't worry, we will be faces when win something.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Clippers have a lot of hate too with Blake, Paul and Barnes. I'd say rockets and Clips are top 2 for most hated. Can't really hate Miami anymore, or NYK or Lakers because they suck now.

Lebron gets hate, but he went back to the Cavs and Kyrie and Love are likable.

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I loved seeing JVG doing it for Sunday's game!

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Is it possible to be the most hated team when we seem to have a decent number of fans showing up at our road games? People are even doing that cooking gesture of Harden's when he makes a basket.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yep. A lot of it has to do with the Morey following. Some of it has to do with Dwight.

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I would love to see Ariza flagrant Curry on a drive.

I can't get over that time Curry ran over to him like he would do something.

He came off like a complete wuss.

16. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

maybe rockets aren't the most hated, but rather the most polarizing??

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4rcWs7IfPpI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

If you ever visit Real GM forums, we are definitely the most hated, along with Harden as the most hated player. Its actually hilarious to read how upset people get on there.

19. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

:grin:

20. HookemHorns1250

I almost stopped watching at the "I hate Brewer" statement. How in the world can you hate a guy that's smiling all the time!